Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a cancelled order I have a number of parts available and rather than selling them individually I thought I would put them together as a package to see if there's any demand. The parts were designed to be fitted as a pack, so that makes the most sense...

So we were going to give an old 110 a modern upgrade for a client before he became ill. This consisted of a 300tdi engine, R380 gearbox (Discovery) Puma dashboard conversion and AC installation.

The reason we went for the Disco gearbox is because the shifter is sat further back so makes it ideal for the Puma dash swap.

So I now have:

1996 300tdi Engine (was 74500 miles) in 'take out' condition c/w all ancillary parts, starter motor, injection pump, alternator, etc. Ready to fit, with a pre-fitted AC compressor (Sanden).

R380 5 Speed gearbox. Tested and checked. No issues. Only done 36000 miles.

Puma dashboard conversion kit with everything included such as ducting, vents, switches, gauges, AC controls, etc.

Complete integrated AC system for the Puma dash. Full system with condenser radiator, drier bottle, pipework, etc.

Dash and AC is for a LHD Defender. The kit is designed for the standard bulkhead, so you don't need the Puma bulkhead.

We ship parts out to the US all the time, so I've got a good handle on the costs for this and to take this complete bundle and have it delivered to your door state side would be around $10,000.

I can split this down, but just wanted to try it as a job lot first.

Ideal upgrade pack for an older 90 / 110.

Thanks for commenting.

JB

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Holy Crap - thats a great deal...too good to be true :) Someone will get a great deal there. I wish I could justify it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Holy Crap - thats a great deal...too good to be true :) Someone will get a great deal there. I wish I could justify it.
Too cheap? Damn.... Maybe I should revise the price......:devil

No, I wouldn't do that. I'm OK with how it is.

JB

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this still available
Hi,

Well, I've still got the engine and gearbox sitting here so I can soon put together the same deal for either a LHD or RHD truck.

If you wish to PM me I can show some pictures of the way it all comes together and how the Discovery box looks in the Defender.

Thanks for the interest. (y)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

Well, I've still got the engine and gearbox sitting here so I can soon put together the same deal for either a LHD or RHD truck.

If you wish to PM me I can show some pictures of the way it all comes together and how the Discovery box looks in the Defender.

Thanks for the interest. (y)
Interested in getting a quote for the engine and or gear box...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts