Defender Source Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Case in point. I just received a PM today as a response to a wanted ad I had posted. The 'member' just signed up today and directed me to another individuals email as shown in the below screenshot.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,605 Posts
On this site there are probably thousands of successfully completed purchases. That the OP got scammed p’raps suggests that he or she has not tuned into the way scammers and thieves operate.

It certainly is not a failing of this site.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
If I sell something, it may take me a week or so to ship, I have a life, but feel guilty if I wait too long. Weeks and weeks and no comm is not looking good.

I did go 6 months on a “free, you pay shipping” offer!! LandRoverDaddy wanted a center seat. I sucked on that one, so sent him 2 of them. Mea culpa.

I have purchased a lot of things from members, and other than shipping damage due to poor packing of a bulkhead, no issues.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
One of the members is buying a set of used calipers from me...not very expensive including the shipping...he was ready to send the money...I told him to wait until I finish getting off the truck...I feel awkward if I couldn't send it right away...I have had many good transaction on this site...but all were from long time members...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have so many parts to sell off but I'm a bit of a scatterbrain and after making fellow member Boston wait so long for a steering wheel I had I decided to back off and wait until I'm ready to organize everything. I'm sure he figured he had gotten ripped off and I don't ever want to be that guy. So for now I should be on the list not to buy from lol.

Sean

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
i have litterally bought tens of thousands of dollars of parts from members on this site. Never had an issue. Make sure that they are real users and not fake posts...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts