Defender Source Forum banner

16181 - 16200 of 16205 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
This is my new white 110 P300 - it arrived at the dealer late Friday afternoon. There are a bunch of dealer installed options that need to be added so its appearance will become even more Storm Trooper.

I'm excited to be a guinea pig - especially since my experiences with the D5 have been so positive. The D5 was just something to drive until the Defender came out but I have to admit it spoiled me a bit so the idea of having a comfortable long distance road car and daily driver with the capabilities of the new Defender is highly appealing.

4 cylinder 295 HP engine with 18" alloys - it will get the roof rack, snorkel, hood decal, fender flares (maybe) and tow package (sort of surprised that's not factory installed).

·
Registered
638 Posts
This is my new white 110 P300 - it arrived at the dealer late Friday afternoon. There are a bunch of dealer installed options that need to be added so its appearance will become even more Storm Trooper.

I'm excited to be a guinea pig - especially since my experiences with the D5 have been so positive. The D5 was just something to drive until the Defender came out but I have to admit it spoiled me a bit so the idea of having a comfortable long distance road car and daily driver with the capabilities of the new Defender is highly appealing.

4 cylinder 295 HP engine with 18" alloys - it will get the roof rack, snorkel, hood decal, fender flares (maybe) and tow package (sort of surprised that's not factory installed).

Congrats, JackW! You've always got cool stuff in the automotive realm - this should compliment the orange Miata nicely. I had an LR4 (a Landmark Edition (i.e. black trim)) in Yulong White and thought the new one would look great in stark white. Setting aside my opinion about the exterior, Land Rover really did nail the interior in just about every way*.

*I just discovered that you can still buy a Jetta wagon AWD in manual. That may be the last available 3-pedal utilitarian vehicle available.

·
Registered
638 Posts
don - I grew up there and while I know little about Babson currently, Wellesley sure is a nice place to visit. Be sure to eat at The Local when you drop her off and bring your cooler to return home with fresh fish from Cap't Marden's... I'm sure she'll love it and all that there is to do in/around Beantown.

P.S. Copley Motorcars is 2.3 miles from campus and always a worthwhile drive-by. :)

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
don - I grew up there and while I know little about Babson currently, Wellesley sure is a nice place to visit. Be sure to eat at The Local when you drop her off and bring your cooler to return home with fresh fish from Cap't Marden's... I'm sure she'll love it and all that there is to do in/around Beantown.

P.S. Copley Motorcars is 2.3 miles from campus and always a worthwhile drive-by. :)
Thanks for the info! I didn’t know Copley was so close and will definitely drive by when I bring her up.

She is excited and being close to Boston is a big plus too. My wife and I plan on some visits to her ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Spotted the first Freetender yesterday, and though I did drive around it to see it from all angles

a) wasn't worthy of having a pic snapped
b) as hideous in person as it is in pics
c) clearly has more in common with the Freelander and DC100 than a Defender
d) the owner commented I had a nice Defender (duh), but I couldn't conjure up enough fake-ness to return the compliment. All I could do was say "thanks" and keep walking. I know I appeared like an arrogant prick, and it wasn't the owner's fault I feel sick to my stomach that that thing was named a Defender, but c'est la vie.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Nice 130 - what is the story on the Babson plate? My daughter is going there in the fall.

Graduated from Babson...and also part of the name of my businesses...she will have a great time there...Wellesley is a great upper-custy NE town but your only 14 miles to Boston. The Campus is really spectacular....

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Graduated from Babson...and also part of the name of my businesses...she will have a great time there...Wellesley is a great upper-custy NE town but your only 14 miles to Boston. The Campus is really spectacular....
Thanks and great name for a business! All the alums we have met loved it there. I worked in Wellesley back in the early 90’s and lived in the South End with my wife before coming to NJ - so we are excited to visit ;)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I saw a black Defender 2 in Avalon, NJ on Sunday night. First I've seen in the wild outside a dealer's lot. Could have been a dealer or a corporate truck as I have seen both in Avalon/Stone Harbor before.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just saw a white 90 hardtop going north on NYS 82 crossing the overpass of the Taconic State Parkway, as I was going south in my 110 on the TSP. Hello if that was you!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

Stone Harbor, NJ

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I saw a white 90 on Avalon Blvd in front of the Acme on Thursday July 2nd evening. Outside Avalon, NJ. I do not believe that it was an NAS truck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Several sightings yesterday. Saw a light green series with a soft top on the access road heading east next to I-70 around gypsum on the western slope.
Then on I-25 at Longmont I saw what I think was a NAS in dark green with a tan soft top and half doors southbound on the access road.

About 30 seconds later I saw a white 110(could have been NAS) southbound on I-25.
Two NAS sightings in 30 seconds when I haven’t seen one in the wild in forever? Something going on I did it know about?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Saw two new defenders in Ouray this weekend. Neither one waved back. Confirmed, new defender sucks and so do their owners based on a sample size of 2.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Saw two new defenders in Ouray this weekend. Neither one waved back. Confirmed, new defender sucks and so do their owners based on a sample size of 2.
It's simple. They have no idea what you are driving.

In a sort of related note. When the Hummer H2 came out some owners said they had always wanted a Hummer since seeing one in the early 90's. They were happy that they finally got one. That is like always wanting a Corvette but got a Camaro instead. Nothing wrong with either it is just that they aren't the same.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
That really does look like a stormtrooper! You should request a personalized plate “TK109” and see if anybody gets it ;-)
Mine should look like this when it gets here around the first of October but with the front skid plate and winch mount

16181 - 16200 of 16205 Posts