Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted defender full doors on a series IIA bulkhead? I have been running into an issue with the door hitting the dash of the bulkhead. Any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Scott Preston did that. I seem to recall he cut out the door card to clear the dash. I contemplated using newer doors on my own IIa, and I thought maybe the lift up handle doors would fit better, but never tested that theory. Another thought I had was cutting the end off the dash and moving it in a bit to create the needed clearance.

Has anyone mounted defender full doors on a series IIA bulkhead? I have been running into an issue with the door hitting the dash of the bulkhead. Any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I am looking at the same issue. I do not want to cut door card. I might just make a small modification to the bulkhead to allow the door to clear and seal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Which hinges are you using? The Series III or Defender hinges cause the door to hit the bulkhead. Series IIA hinges should allow the door to go all the way to the fender without hitting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using the defender hinges. It does not seem to make a difference when I use either the series or defender hinges. This inside of the door is hitting the dash of the bulkhead. Might make about 3-4 inch modification to the dash...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts