Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another project we are really excited about. This is work in progress on our micro camper build for the back of our 90 van. The idea is to keep it simple but utilize as much space as we can while sleeping in the back. Plenty of space for water and gear and a 78 inch bed that ingeniously extends over the front passenger seat.

A single gullwing window on the way from masai4x4 and a 55qt cooler from canyoncoolers in an insulated space at the back of the drawer will keep food and beer cold for a week. The space will accommodate a Dometic or Engle if an upgrade is needed.
Best thing about this design is it liberates the roof for gear. It wont be for everyone but for a couple or single person who wants to stealth camp and get way into the back country with their boats bikes, climbing gear or what ever stowed on the roof this will be a great option.

frontrunner roof rack with an alucab 270 degree shadow awning will be going on too. Maybe a road shower too.

The base vehicle is the fastest and most capable tdi we have ever owned. Uprated turbo, xl intercooler and pump tuning make this truck cruise along at highway speeds easily and super fun to drive on dirt.
We haven't quite figured out a price yet, it goes for paint next week but it would be nice to make these RHD D90 micro campers available for under 30k if we can.
What do people think?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice - what do you have coating the roof on the truck? Are those adhesive panels?
Yep. Second skin. I'll put some of their other stuff over it before we finish with carpet. Works pretty well but it's very expensive. Not fully convinced it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nice work! I love the fine cuts for the access ports. What did you use to cut the panels.

Hoping our camper setup in the rear of the 110 looks half as good as yours!

The second skin is good stuff - though recently I've been using RattleTrap - it is a bit cheaper and seems to be pretty similar in performance. They are all pretty much just glorified butyl patches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts