Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of options are there to get a galvanized TD5 Defender 130 chassis in the US? Brands? Suppliers?

What kind of price does a fairly clean non-galv used chassis sell for?

I am contemplating swapping my chassis and was wondering on options. My chassis is in good condition but I wanted the galv one for a show truck I am building. I know Marsland and Richards sell 90 and 110 chassis, but I wasn't sure about the 130. I saw one pop up for sale but the suppliers don't list 130 as an option (only 110 and 90).

Has anyone tried parts from Terrain Tech? Any good?

Sarosh

·
Premium Member
10,534 Posts
If your 130 chassis is in pretty decent shape, you can have it blasted, then repaired as necessary then galvanized.

New 130 galvy chassis are available from the usual sources you referenced. It's possible that AB and RN might have one available.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
The 130 chassis are barely available any longer and the prices are INSANE. I think SHP had one for sale on here recently for $6-7k which is pretty much what they run now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your 130 chassis is in pretty decent shape, you can have it blasted, then repaired as necessary then galvanized.

New 130 galvy chassis are available from the usual sources you referenced. It's possible that AB and RN might have one available.
I am open to blasting, repair, and galvanizing but i just find it very difficult to find a shop to take my parts to. The chassis is in good shape from what i can tell, but I would have to start boroscoping holes to check the inside. My main concern is how do I get it clean inside to really make sure that if i put the effort to do this, I get my money's worth.

Sarosh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts