Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon . I have recently bought a 1994 defender 130 from Johan . Took couple years for it to come of age but it’s finally arrived . I have been debating on what way to go with my build but have finally come figured out the direction . I have many vehicles 1952 CJ3b Jeep, 1988 e30 m3, couple Westfalia vanagons, 2009 Dinan S3 r M3, and just sold my 2015 gmc 2500 Denali diesel . I was debating on whether to get a newer Denali diesel as my daily driver but have decided that I am going to get my 130 to daily driver status .

The plan.
L94 Ls swap using RW engineering stuff .
Full Terrafirma mega sport suspension
Interior will be updated with new door panels headliner and stereo .
Teak rear bed .

I am in the Beer and liquor business and the truck will be my daily driver and used for promotion . Stay tuned for the build . I have just bought the ls engine that will be here next week . I have traded my old land cruiser FJ40 to a friend of mine we does engine swaps in exchange for home doing my swap .

This will take me couple months at least to do and will be lots of fun !
Here is picture of the base truck at the bourbon event we had at the distillery last weekend .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Nice rig - will fallow your swap closely. I should have a Johan 130 arriving Monday. Will keep the 3.5 for now, maybe add EFI and possibly do some Wedgeshop tweaks but I think i’ll ultimately settle on an LS swap

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Great truck & Im sure it was tough to wait that long for it. If you're going as far as an LS swap, avoid the Terrafirma suspension altogether and go with something quality, you will be happier in the long run.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Great looking truck, did you consider the 2.8 Cummins? I know of at least one truck getting it’s LS yanked of for a 2.8. Looking forward to seeing the build!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Great truck & Im sure it was tough to wait that long for it. If you're going as far as an LS swap, avoid the Terrafirma suspension altogether and go with something quality, you will be happier in the long run.

Gwynn Lewis suspension was my choice. He knows what he's talking about and is very helpful even if you buy somewhere else.

Sean

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
What kit did you go with?

Gwynn Lewis suspension was my choice. He knows what he's talking about and is very helpful even if you buy somewhere else.

Sean

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry Tex I just saw this. I called him to set up a 2" lift with 3" extra droop to keep it low, cranked radius arms, all new retainers and turrets as well as the OME springs and shocks and the sumo bars for the steering. I wish I could tell you how it rides but I'm so far away. He does suggest that sway bars are unnecessary with these shocks.

Sorry for the interruption to your thread lol.

Sean

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is a beaut 130, very interested to see how your build goes. Gwyn Lewis is a wealth of knowledge especially if you want to build something truly mad. His trucks are running 11 inch travel setups which are awesome, but possibly not what you want on your daily. We are doing a full nuts and bolts 110 build at the moment and are seriously considering the fox shocks for the 110. I am sure they will be bulletproof, failing that possibly OME.

Terrafirma have a range of different shocks/springs. Some have gone through serious quality control checks and are good. Some they released without the same testing which do not come with the relevant certification etc. The price will make it obvious which is which. I think all the commercial HD kits have passed these checks, so it may be worth considering them.

Keep the posts coming, would love to see how you are getting on. Very intrigued by the LS swap. They are becoming more common over here in the UK these days however getting LS's is still much more of a challenge than in the US or Australia.

Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts