Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll add to this with more detail later but we have 2 110 HCPUs for sale in Arizona right now that might interest someone here.

1. 1994 200tdi 195k miles in KMS LHD Coniston Green.

Drives superbly, plenty of power, nice and smooth, very quiet for a 200tdi, no issues in drive train at all.
Chassis needs no work
Line X rear tub
New wheels and tires
Nice seats and interior
Hard to find truck in this shape.
Totally ready for daily use.

43 ono

2. RHD 200tdi 110 HCPU. 223 k miles. Previous owner said the engine was newer but I have no proof. Drives great, again plenty of power, chassis is great and needs nothing, shifts properly, rebuilt transfer case by one of our guys in the UK. No slop in the driveline.

Terra firma big bore shocks in rear are great, bfg KM2 mts with lots of life. Rear tub in good shape though clearly has had plenty of use.

Puma doors with zero rust
Genuine puma bonnet
Puma seats in good shape, with a few scrapes.

I've personally driven this up in the peak district hills with a 600kg pallet in the back and it was absolutely great.

Has a digital EGT gauge, previous owner told me he had put a boost pin in and had someone tune the pump. The EGTs get up to 700c up hill if you floor it. Truck does not run hot.

Bought this truck to use in our tours but its basically not going to get much use that way till the fall and we have a 130 in Holland I'd rather use for that and a few other 3 door 110s in the works too.

These trucks are also getting hard to find in the UK in this shape ready to use. I would take this truck anywhere.

See pic of it drag racing, and beating, a mini Cooper last week. Not the greatest feat a land rover ever accomplished but perhaps of interest.

More pics and info on request, also have video of the drag race.

The '22' on the door comes off!

29k ono

I'll post up more pics or both later today or tomorrow.

Both trucks have high numbers on the clock but the more I drive well maintained higher mile Defenders the less I care about that. The green one in particular drives so smooth and quiet for a TDI. The white one has plenty of get up and go too. Both seem to have a lot of life left in them.

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good looking trucks! What kind of speeds do you see on the highway? Can they keep up with modern traffic ok?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made a video for a guy on here the other day. White one doing 77mph and I had to pull up.

Cruise all day at 70 on both of these no problem snd both have power to over take after that.

The white rhd one feels like it's had a boost pin and rhe timing tweeked as it has an egt gauge from fourby.

Pm and I'll send you the videos if interested.

I'm driving the green lhd one back from Phoenix on Tuesday. I'll make a highway video then.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Man I want a high cap! Maybe some day the timing will be right...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daily driver in Tucson. At the DHL office today.

Open to offers on the lhd green HI Cap.

Had a king chat with a member here about it today and the 200k miles were an issue for him.

Indeed seeing that in KMs is a high number but the truck really does run great. Non of the things you might expect from a high mile truck. No blow by, plenty of power, nice and smooth. No slop, slap, clunk or clank on take up of power or when changing gear.

Get in touch for a chat.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both trucks still available

Some back and forth with folks about the mileage being high.

Both these trucks run great.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decided to replace the door bottoms on the green Hi Cap

We will be putting on ebay here soon.

Reserve will be mid 30s

We have had lots of interest but either from California's who then have struggled with CARB realizations or a few folks who don't want to see a number over 300 k kms on rhe clock every day.

Thats a shame as this truck really drives superbly

Get in touch. I'd much rather sell to someone on here than list.

Thx

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both Sold

Deposit taken on the lhd green truck.

The white truck has been bought for a big overland build. It will have fresh paint, rear rack, alucab expedition tent and 270 degree awning, 50 gallon stainless water tank, arb bumper, air and OME suspension, custom Seats, winch, arb bumper etc etc.

Ita going to be an exciting project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts