Defender Source Forum banner

de-coating step bumper?

Tags
bumper
2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rgrrvr 
#1 ·
I pulled off my rear step bumper (wha-da hassle) and now want to strip the powder coat off of it and have it either painted or re-coated...anybody done this? what process removes the poweder coat and what do look under in the yellow pages?
thanks
George
Oh...and by the way...that plate under the fuel tank that gets rusty and filled with mud, etc...
that is refered to as a "fuel tank protector plate" is in fact a fuel tank support plate. Don't ask how I found out.

#3 ·
i had mine sandblasted then had it galv. when they galv. they give it an acid bath before hand so there is absoultly no rust inside or out. got it back from beening galv. and then painted with por 15 and then top coated it.my thinking is i the galv deals with any rust (inside!!!!!)and i like the look of the black bumper. thought about having it powder coated over th galv but if the bumper has to do its job some day and get bumped i can just touch it up my self.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.