Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, I researched the forum, then Google. But the more I research the more questions I have.

I have a 94 NAS d90 soft top. Needing crossmember work. A buddy says we can patch weld it, but I'm thinking about swapping it out.

I'm finding different products available. Some with deeper sleeves to slide over the originals. Most if not everything I found state "NOT NAS". Something to do with reusing the tank cradle. Is that a big deal?

Also any tips on building a jig? Plywood jig off the original dimensions. What points of reference do you recommend? Stupid questions? Sorry!!!

Anyone know of a step by step guide that I can reference?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
You can modify a non NAS to work with it. We only sell the full quarter chassis for NAS now because of the cradle issues.

What I'd do personally is what Michele and Brandon have done, redesign it completely(if you have the time)

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can modify a non NAS to work with it. We only sell the full quarter chassis for NAS now because of the cradle issues.

What I'd do personally is what Michele and Brandon have done, redesign it completely(if you have the time)

Excellent. Ok now, what does all of that mean? Haha. Seriously, who are Michele and Brandon? Any links that I can check out? Redesign what? Anything available retail that I can buy? My welding skills involve buying dinner and beer for my best friend to do it for me.!

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
If your going to do it buy the quarter chassis and cut it up, don't try to make an ROW fit. No offense Zack but the ROW has a bunch of holes that the NAS doesn't have and takes twice as long to modify and cut to make fit. Easiest and best way is to cut just in front of the fuel tank cradle (don't forget the wiring harness is in there) and replace the entire section. Just my two cents from someone who has done a half a dozen over the past six months.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
You're not offending me, I would never suggest someone use the UK/ROW style instead of buying a NAS. Some people just don't want to spend the $$ on the proper setup.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
rovers north sells the NAS rear cross member with the cradle..

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
You're not offending me, I would never suggest someone use the UK/ROW style instead of buying a NAS. Some people just don't want to spend the $$ on the proper setup.
Anyone who owns a NAS and is worried about a saving few hundred bucks to do a job the wrong way that will ultimately devalue their truck is an idiot in my opinion. And I would never lead someone to believe that it is a viable solution, bc then I look like an ass when they have to spend 20 hours to do an install. Just my opinion, can you make it fit? Sure, but I can make anything work/fit with enough time, that still doesn't make it right...

Reactions: Z.G
1 - 11 of 11 Posts