Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my EV I am running axles from a 1993 RRC, but am putting on D90 brakes. On there front the RRC brakes use a M12 1.25 thread bolt, but the D90 calipers use a bolt with a larger shoulder and 1/2 -13 course thread.

Has anyone run into this and what's the proper solution? I'm assuming it's a 1/2" bolt with a M12 1.25 thread on it, or I need to drill and tap my hubs to 1/2 -13 which I"m not keen on doing.

tia
charles

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Can't you just swap the knuckles? I don't see an issue with drilling and taping?

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is not a lot of clearance to get a drill in from behind when installed, although I guess I could pull the hub/rotor and go from the outside in (I can't recall if these are through holes on ears or not). Of course I have already filled the housings with one shot grease!

And of course swapping knuckles is more time and cost too. Reading this I sound lazy. LOL

Would sleeving the bolts be dumb?

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't you just swap the knuckles? I don't see an issue with drilling and taping?
Yeah I just tapped the threads in the knuckles. I don't see an issue with it either. I had to do the rears too.

However now I need bolts and the bolts I have are too long in the shoulder. I guess I need to determine if they need big washers (like > 1/8") or I need to buy something different. Hopefully with the same thread :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts