Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete drop down tailgate kit. The tailgate is reinforced with diamond plate on the outside and has color matched LineX on the inside and capping. The LineX can be peeled back and the surface painted or possibly have a thin layer of black LineX sprayed over it to cover the color.
ALL hardware necessary to mount is included.
$400 or $440 shipped to the lower 48
All parts located in Phoenix

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Love it too. Curious if anyone has ever put the spare tire on this to replicate the factory NAS look (when gate is closed)? Sorry to trash your for sale thread. I hope it's ok after it's been sold.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love it too. Curious if anyone has ever put the spare tire on this to replicate the factory NAS look (when gate is closed)? Sorry to trash your for sale thread. I hope it's ok after it's been sold.
No worries on the thread hijack.

A buddy rolled his 97SW and converted to ST. He used the exact drop down tailgate setup as what I just sold coupled with an NAS ST tire carrier assembly. The tire carrier is released from the tailgate by the removal of a trailer hitch pin. It replaced the factory bolt that originally passed through the bushing on the pivot point. For much cheaper than the NAS setup, you can modify the Mantec carrier. It's designed for a SW full rear door but can easily be adapted to the drop down tailgate. This is what I was going to do on my D90 but I ended up collecting all the NAS parts I needed to keep my NAS truck pure-ish.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
The tailgates come up from time to time here and on ebay. Rovahfarm can get you the hardware. HT trucks will have a problem with the top half of the tailgate. especially hinges

1 - 10 of 10 Posts