Defender Source Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Installed

Got mine installed and it is a nice item for its function. Well built with quality as well. However, like some have asked I would not use this as a grab handle, but how its sits it would not be a natural grab point so I am not concerned someone will accidentally grab it and rip it out.

If you are looking for a way to mount your phone and have it accessible as you drive buy one of these.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Defender Dash Dock/RAM Mount - Round 2

For those of you who missed out on our 1st round of production, or those who simply didn’t know of its existence, our Defender Dash Dock/RAM Mount is back in production for a 2nd round.

The Dash Dock installs to the dashboard of all Land Rover Defenders (90, 110, & 130) from 1982 to 2002 without any modifications to the dash, using 2 of 3 existing screws and the ashtray well. It is a straight bolt-on accessory that can be removed at anytime.

The Dock provides more than 50 inches of mounting points for a Cellphone, a Tablet, a GoPro camera, or any other accessory or piece of electronics. The dock has entry and exit oval shaped holes, allowing the user to conceal the wires of the various devices inside the tube. With a tube diameter made of 1” round powder coated steel, brackets made by RAM (or others) can be used and placed anywhere along the 50” tube and/or the 10” loop.

Installation is straight forward and easy with the included stainless steel replacement screws, and requires the use of the Defender’s ashtray well for support and sturdiness. It is recommended that the dock be permanently attached to the ashtray well.

Ordering is available either through me directly by posting here or sending me a PM, or through our exclusive dealer, none other than our friend Jason Lavender at www.seriesdefender.com/interior/defender-dash-dock-ram-mount.html

Pricing is the same whoever you choose to order it from at $150.00 + Shipping, with a 10% courtesy discount to the board members.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
what is the discount code for 10% off?

The code at checkout is: D90

------ Follow up post added March 24th, 2016 11:04 AM ------

I'll take one.
Please check your PM.

------ Follow up post added March 24th, 2016 11:06 AM ------

Will it fit an 83 Landrover 110? If so, I will take one.
Yes, it will. It fits all Defenders (90, 110, 130) from 1982 to 2002.

Please send me your address in a PM, and I will send you a Paypal invoice including shipping.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
The ashtray mounting point adds stability and load support to the bar. If you don't have an ashtray opening on the top of the dash, you can still install the bar but it will bounce and won't be very sturdy.

I don't recommend installing it without the ashtray opening and the ashtray well itself. It is used to anchor the 3rd mounting point. One of the pics in post #32 shows the bar with the ashtray mounting point. That'll hopefully give you an idea on how this works.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
thanks, can you send me a close up picture of the ashtray mount area. I was wondering if I can Velcro or add screws directly into my dash in that area (someone already did on my dash) to minimize bounce.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Image1459398494.103197.jpg

You can certainly rest the dock on the dash and fasten it to the dash. The mounting point has an oval shaped slot and it's also flat, so you can conceivably use Velcro instead of a screw.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
any idea if the dock mount will clear these sweet speakers without having to move them

i'm gonna go with no because my truck doesn't do anything the easy way

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Unfortunately it won't. Clearance between the dock and dash is only about 3/4".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 65 Posts