Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
above 40/50mph when needing to stop a tad bit more in a hurry, i get a nice semi-lane change to the right

checked left side brakes - swapped out the caliper/rotor/pads as the calipers were kind of sticking and the pads looked warped

right pull still kind of there
front radius arms and trailing arm bushings all seem fine

what else should i look for here? i assumed the brake lines going to the left were fine as when i bled the new stuff, flow seemed normal to me

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok....after inspecting brake lines and rebleeding - i am leaning towards something in the front suspension/steering

the rightward pull happens on sudden heavy pressure braking.

what would be the culprits here? im guessing right side components

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
let me also ask - how much play should there be on the steering box drop arm ball joint / adjoining tie rod?

i can grab the steering damper and fairly easily rock the assembly back and forth

could this cause my brake pull....

im even beginning to think previous owner put a mismatched set of front springs on

·
Super Moderator
12,045 Posts
let me also ask - how much play should there be on the steering box drop arm ball joint / adjoining tie rod?

i can grab the steering damper and fairly easily rock the assembly back and forth

could this cause my brake pull....

im even beginning to think previous owner put a mismatched set of front springs on
There should be zero play in any of the ball joints. With a properly setup steering system the only play at the steering wheel will be the flexure of the tires. You need to go over everything, steering box play, steering box bolts, steering shaft u-joints, all tie rod ends, panhard rod bushings and bolts, swivel bearing preload, hub bearing preload, alignment, all suspension bushings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts