Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Flywheel with reluctant ring for a 96 gems D1 V8 doing a auto to R380 conversion.
Also looking for tranny mounts.
Let me know if you have one to sell.
Thanks,
Eddie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking for a Flywheel with reluctant ring for a 96 gems D1 V8 doing a auto to R380 conversion.
Also looking for tranny mounts.
Let me know if you have one to sell.
Thanks,
Eddie
I added a ford pulsator ring and crank shaft position sensor to the front on my engine and used a standard flywheel. That flywheel might be difficult to come by.

Frank

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What that on a V8 defender? Not it sure if it’ll work for a D1. I’ll pass it along to my friend.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What that on a V8 defender? Not it sure if it’ll work for a D1. I’ll pass it along to my friend.
Yes, did it. Put a R380 in an originally Disco1 and mated it to a non-distributor rover V8. I don't recall the specific parts I bought but used something similar to these, from a Ford V8. I opened up the center hole of the pulsator ring and mounted it behind the main crank shaft pulley on the front of the engine and made a bracket to hold the position sensor. Eliminated the rover sensor and connected the wires to the new sensor. If I recall, the orientation of the wires was important. If the two position sensor wires are reversed it wont work.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, did it. Put a R380 in an originally Disco1 and mated it to a non-distributor rover V8. I don't recall the specific parts I bought but used something similar to these, from a Ford V8. I opened up the center hole of the pulsator ring and mounted it behind the main crank shaft pulley on the front of the engine and made a bracket to hold the position sensor. Eliminated the rover sensor and connected the wires to the new sensor. If I recall, the orientation of the wires was important. If the two position sensor wires are reversed it wont work.

View attachment 465517

View attachment 465518
Thank for the inf Frank! I’ll pass that on to my friend doing the conversation to research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts