Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new (1987) MOD Defender 110 finally made it off the boat here in Houston! I picked it up Friday and have logged a little over 120 km (I'm going to have to get used to this metric junk) cruising around town. I'll post pictures ASAP. it's got a soft top and the 2.5 NAD.

First impressions:

1) the ride is great! I didn't expect that. This rig is smooth and comfortable running full speed down the highway.

2) the gearing is a headache. It a small truck and I figured it would have some zip, but this thing doesn't do anything quickly, haha.

3) it's already overheating some. actually the reason I signed up for this forum is to get some ideas on how to find part #s and good places to buy parts. I hope some seasoned vets here can help me with good websites, etc.

4) it took me 15 minutes to find the headlight switch

5) I'm still trying to figure out how I'm supposed to access the battery.

I would really appreciate any input on what systems/components/parts I should change or check on first. Brakes and the cooling system are first on my agenda... I really need a parts list for this thing!!

TIA

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Welcome...you will need all of that enthusiasm to research your issues. The search function is your best friend here. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Your battery should be under the seat. Is it a UK Mod truck? If so it's in MPH, not KPH.

Welcome to the madness!

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Welcomed, if you find yourself in Galveston way, give us a shout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts