Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have obtained some RHD Ex Military Defender 110 Tithonus 8 seater special purpose people carriers:-
They have Landrover tinted sliding side windows, rear footstep, rear outside entry grab rail,LED interior lighting,LED reverse lamps,H/Duty radiator guard,New rear side seating,Exmoor front seats and sound matting.We repaint in NATO green to freshen up,Waxoil the underside,Mitchelin ZXL's on Wolf H/Duty rims, New H/Duty battery.They have fully reconditioned drivetrains.These vehicles are 'As New',and the great thing is they have a light and roomy feel in the back as it they have the 8" increased headroom height in rear compartment .
For 1986-89 USA examples with correct documentation for a legal import into USA.Price is GB£7500+approx$12,000. RoRo shipping to East coast ports is approx $1300,Duties and agents fee's approx $600. -with proven and tested shippers and agents.
Please email Stefan [email protected] or PM me through Defender Source.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
So they did away with the rear portion of the internal cage?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LED lights now fitted

LED lights are now fitted,and the interior has great illumination.Back reverse lamp works well, and we have wired up a direct feed to put Spot lights onto the Roll over bar above drivers cabin if required, or a swivel spot near driver window.All on 3 neat seperate fused switches on dash. Rear grab handle can be positioned to left of rear door,or above,or left off completely.
*Yes, middle roll over bar has been removed to allow max light into rear cabin area.Rear rollover bar has been retained. Middle rollover bar and supports can be supplied free of charge if customers wish to refit,or reposition it.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tithonus with windows

Hi, Yes i think so, it is a very clean and usefull truck.It offers a different alternative to a plain Hardtop and even the more expensive Safari 5 door Station wagon. I like these as they offer a more spacious rear passenger area in this format-with good additional 8" headroom.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tithonus price reduction.

:icon_peace:End of Season price reduction on these fabulous side window Tithonus trucks. NOW for 6 weeks only GB£6500=approx $10,500.
Plus delivery to UK port and RoRo Shipping to East coast:approx $1500.

·
Premium Member
10,283 Posts
I've always wanted to hook up that 24V 90 Amp radio alternator to a 120V power inverter and have enough current to power the entire camping area at a rally.

GLWTS !!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've always wanted to hook up that 24V 90 Amp radio alternator to a 120V power inverter and have enough current to power the entire camping area at a rally.

GLWTS !!!
Hi R Davis, If you pay for the shipping you can have one free of charge ! the take off 24v generators are no good to me - But they are Heavy Heavy regards Stefan

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
That's a good deal for a nice Tithonus. Can't wait to put some windows in the back of mine.
As I look at the pictures that is why they took out the rear cage to clear the windows.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
As I look at the pictures that is why they took out the rear cage to clear the windows.
Just think, if you'd waited you could have bought this instead of cutting those damn holes in your truck.

In all seriousness, if I were going to get a 110-this would be it. GLWS, that's a great truck at a great price.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Window Kits for anyone?

May have a parts container going over to NE soon,- if anybody want vehicle sets (pairs) of Side sliding window Kits,please PM me and register an interest. Stefan.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Stefan
When you say the rear roll bar is still there. Is there still a hoop at the far rear of the passenger area, do you have a pic from front of cab towards the rear door.
Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rear Hoop is still in truck!

Yes guys, the rear hoops are still installed in these trucks, and the other items taken out (which are available with each truck) could easily be used to fabricate a support brace either at 45* or similar to strengthen the rear original hoop. Or can be put back in place,however they would foul the vision out of side windows. Stefan.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
How many of these do y'all have left?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tithonus with windows

How many do you want? We have qty 4 vehicles in stock,but can get more given time.Or reproduce some more from stock panel van Tithonus to same specifications in our workshops.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tithonus with windows NOW SOLD

Thanks Mr+Mrs O of NH.This vehicle is now sold to them.:thumb:
(I have others similar,or can reproduce to exact same spec if anyone is interested).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts