Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have somehow managed to misplace 20 of the damn things!

Is there anything special about these? I know there are multiple kinds, but the ones I have appear to be m10 1.0 x 22mm with a serrated flange on the head. McMaster has these in 20mm long - they should work right?

McMaster-Carr

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps unsurprisingly, your memory is better than my feeble attempt at measuring a bolt I have in my very hands! It's pity mcmaster doesn't have the serrated flange ones in 3/8-24.

It looks like I really just need one of these as I have 9, and another diff I can take bolts off for the other 10.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
I just bought new ones. I think RovahFarm has them fairly cheap. I'm sure a McMaster equivalent would be fine, too. I had all the original bolts but I figure might as well go with new bolts if I was rebuilding the diff.

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
not memory, just referring back to my old thread (back when it took me six days to do a one day job! :()

wait a second...I left my old bolts at your place! They should be on the floor somewhere...

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. My garage is a mess but I'm sure I chucked them. I'll check the scrap pile though.

Brett is right though - they recommend replacing them and I should. I was just hoping to work on the diffs this weekend, but I'm a **** planner. Should have figured this out while waiting for bearings.

It's not like I haven't got a ton of other stuff to do so I'll just order some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts