Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody care to share their experiences with cranked rear radius arms? Needing to do my bushings, and looking at what else may need to be done. Running a 2" OME lift. The whole "correct geometry" makes sense to me, probably staying with rubber bushings as a majority of my driving is on road. Not sure if there would be much need to go to poly, or is there???

Let's hear it....

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Three advantages.

1. Less bushing bind with lift

2. Stronger than factory if impacted by rock etc

3. Allows for correct pinion angle with lift (via spacers) or arm length specific for lift and type of rover.

I have always run rovertym with factory rubber bushes with good results.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy, what are you running on the Truggy? That's one REALLY cool build!

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
both of my vehicles benefitted from "cranked" rear links, I am running Rovertracks,

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Be careful what rubber bushings you go with. Unless its Genuine quality or equivalent I'd go Poly all the way. The lower end rubber bushings are garbage and don't last at all.
And you've got nothing to lose with cranked rear arms.

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
I would suggest the Rovertym cranked rear arms.

Cost is on par with competitors (in some cases cheaper) and their design is immensely strong. Probably overkill, but if you're going to pay money...

·
Registered
5,980 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rovertym's do look pretty nice. The Proline from RN look the same as the Terrafirma.

Can't find anything out there on Rovertriacks though. Tried looking him up, the site is no longer (obviously due to the whole "Rover" law suit. (oops, can I get sued for saying "Rover" LOL.)

For rubber, I would definitely go Genuine. Cheap aftermarket is just that...cheap.

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I went with Scorpian Racing trailing arms and blue poly bushings with great results. I replaced all my bushings when I bought the truck with factory OEM and only got 3 years out of them. I've had the poly three years and the truck drives beautifully and rides better than the Wife's G-500. So my vote would be blue poly bushings.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Agreed, Genuine bushings or bust. RTE's arms are definitely overkill but super nice.

http://www.rte-fab.com/products?page...category_id=10

I haven't started running them yet, but I bought a set of our own to try out. I can do these for $149

PROLINE REAR CRANKED TRAILING LINK SET, RNA5610, TF509, RNA509 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts
Interesting, TF509 is the Terafirma part number. Are these just the Terafirma parts with grey paint?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts