Defender Source Forum banner

2701 - 2713 of 2713 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Who was the U-boat commander?
Dammit Dave, that would be a good first project for the new guy in the new shop space... talk about cutting your teeth. Wonder if there’s BaT money to be made post rebuild

Sam Hagey
Royal Overland Company - Austin, TX
Trucks To Conquer Your Next Adventure
www.royaloverland.com

·
Premium Member
13,940 Posts

Lhd, 200 td, highly inflated estimated retail value $73k.
Has the requisite NYC boosts and A bar.
Its a dealer consignment with a reserve that will likely never be met.
$45k buy it now button.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The 109 needs to be seen in person. Galvy painted over, checkerplate where you don't usually see it, recently added Tomb Raider accoutrements, S3 heater intake but no heater, no rear step. Kind of a poser's idea of an overland 109. 200Tdi a big plus, tho. For the money, a guy's way better off with an overland Def. In general, Series are more suitable as collectors' items, rather than as practical vehicles.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,709 ·
The 109 needs to be seen in person. Galvy painted over, checkerplate where you don't usually see it, recently added Tomb Raider accoutrements, S3 heater intake but no heater, no rear step. Kind of a poser's idea of an overland 109. 200Tdi a big plus, tho. For the money, a guy's way better off with an overland Def. In general, Series are more suitable as collectors' items, rather than as practical vehicles.
I will submit that you are simply misinformed. A Series truck can often outperform a Defender on the trails. There are lots of us who prefer the Series over the plushie Defender.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My comments were informed by the asking price. Didn't mean to imply they aren't capable, just old skool. Most people, including me, prefer Defs. In stock form, Defenders are easier on the human cargo and have better engine options, transmissions, disc brakes, power steering, awd. Series are also a lot older, which generally cuts against practicality. Since there is a choice . . .
Series are old enough and cool enough to have achieved collector status, and the market indicates that values are highest for ones in collectible condition rather than modded trail rigs or overlanders, authentic or not. Even ones misrepresented to be Defenders.
o2batsea Have you got an opinion about this truck? If you had $60k to spend, would you buy this or a Def? I saw a pretty nice 110 in Arkansas on CL not long ago for $50k.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you’re in the market to set a record purchase price for a POE…here’s your chance.

I would expect a B-pillar installed at the current price, but I’m picky. 😉

2701 - 2713 of 2713 Posts