1,484 Posts

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
95 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
I didnt know if I should post it here or under Land Rovers that suck. There is a lot going on with this truck. It looks like it was a low mile NAS before the transformation. The seller spent a lot of time on this. I’m not sure anyone will pay him what he is asking for it. I like the part about $323k invested.

If he does really take it to Mecum, I bet he'll be shocked at the high bid. Hard to see this going for anywhere near what he's asking.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
I didnt know if I should post it here or under Land Rovers that suck. There is a lot going on with this truck. It looks like it was a low mile NAS before the transformation. The seller spent a lot of time on this. I’m not sure anyone will pay him what he is asking for it. I like the part about $323k invested.

This is what happens when you have a guy who has enough money to understand what the parts are but really doesn't understand how they function. this dude blew a ton of money on custom axles and suspension that actually makes the truck worse. While the axles are stronger they no longer have the three link, it actually has less ground clearance, and the trailing arms look to be custom and smaller than stock ones.

This is the first defender that I've seen that reminds me of those custom SEMA trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
This is what happens when you have a guy who has enough money to understand what the parts are but really doesn't understand how they function. this dude blew a ton of money on custom axles and suspension that actually makes the truck worse. While the axles are stronger they no longer have the three link, it actually has less ground clearance, and the trailing arms look to be custom and smaller than stock ones.
I rarely see rigs like this anything other than ultra-clean and trail-rash free.

This is the first defender that I've seen that reminds me of those custom SEMA trucks.
Nailed it. :)

·
Premium Member
6,363 Posts
That’s exactly right. Total SEMA truck. I wonder what they did for a fuel tank. It would have to be custom as well as very small to fit between that exhaust. Despite the efficiencies of the LS3, that truck’s range is probably way worse than stock.

It’s just nuts. This is why BMW bought land rover, so they wouldn’t have to reinvent the 4x4. This guy started with great and wound up with good. Oh well. Sing it with me...Duh, duh, duh, another NAS bites the dust.
169BB52A-1BB1-4ADC-9868-435B48A1C98B.png

·
Registered
256 Posts
Pity they didn't save the galvy. Otherwise pretty much unmolested. Iron Duke would work with the trans, axles, rad position etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
kijiji finds: not mine. located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Same seller for both. I spoke to him last weekend. Great guy that's open and forthcoming and just wanting to cull the heard.

1967 Land Rover Defender Series 2a $27,750.00 CDN

1995 Land Rover Defender 90 NAS Edition #249 of 500 $27,500.00 CDN

·
Mendicant
8,408 Posts
Careful look at the pictures suggests this truck is actually in the U.S., I think. But how?!
There have always been Defenders that are here but shouldn’t be. Many times the sellers claim that it’s ok and legal because they have a title. That still doesn’t make it cool with the feds. The procedures to import a vehicle are well established and I personally have no risk tolerance for an undocumented immigrant truck that could be arrested and deported at any time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have to imagine those who are interested have already been in touch and are all over this one so posting here as more of an informational exercise since I have grand delusions of owning a Rover one day. Anything jump out here? What would you want to know more about and/or see pictures of before mobilizing a buyer-friendly third party inspect? To the untrained newbie eye - definitely repainted/touched up but beyond that (and the obvious broken tail light) I’m lost. Seller sent along a walk around video, happy to forward since the original listing has little info.

TBM

·
Premium Member
7,735 Posts
Have to imagine those who are interested have already been in touch and are all over this one so posting here as more of an informational exercise since I have grand delusions of owning a Rover one day. Anything jump out here? What would you want to know more about and/or see pictures of before mobilizing a buyer-friendly third party inspect? To the untrained newbie eye - definitely repainted/touched up but beyond that (and the obvious broken tail light) I’m lost. Seller sent along a walk around video, happy to forward since the original listing has little info.

TBM
i wouldnt be so sure.. those photos dont appear to show a truck thats in the states.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No dog in this fight. Video gives me the impression that it is indeed in NY.

TBM

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
2681 - 2700 of 2713 Posts