Defender Source Forum banner

2661 - 2680 of 2713 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
looks like a deal when compared to the estimated retail value set at $57,155...

are those crushed velvet door cards?

·
Premium Member
6,363 Posts

·
Mendicant
8,408 Posts
This one has been around for awhile. I’m curious as to why. What do you all think?

because it’s a heap of junk trash renovation with a ton of incorrect parts on a truck that is actively corroding in the pictures. The last engine you’d want, probably an Otokar (do you want a truck that was thrashed and maintained by the Turkish military?) and way overpriced. This is a 20k vehicle tops and only because it’s allegedly titled in the US. This is a 5-7k vehicle in its native market. Maybe less.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info. You can tell they are incorrect parts by the pictures? I can see the rust creeping in and the grates on the windows are ugly. Visually, things seemed wrong but I couldn’t really pick out exactly why. So much to learn...

because it’s a heap of junk trash renovation with a ton of incorrect parts on a truck that is actively corroding in the pictures. The last engine you’d want, probably an Otokar (do you want a truck that was thrashed and maintained by the Turkish military?) and way overpriced. This is a 20k vehicle tops and only because it’s allegedly titled in the US. This is a 5-7k vehicle in its native market. Maybe less.

·
Mendicant
8,408 Posts
Yes, there is just so much wrong. Badly recovered door cards, screwy seats that may be Otokar original but are Land Rover wrong, WTF sunroof, checker plate covering stuff that is probably corroded, an engine that just might be even less desirable than the 19J 2.5 TD.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lol. Yeah I forgot about the weird sunroof.

Yes, there is just so much wrong. Badly recovered door cards, screwy seats that may be Otokar original but are Land Rover wrong, WTF sunroof, checker plate covering stuff that is probably corroded, an engine that just might be even less desirable than the 19J 2.5 TD.

·
Premium Member
10,954 Posts
Eventually someone will buy it for many many times more than it's worth.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Perhaps custom ordered from the factory, but then changed mind before arrival (or the wife didn't like), and the dealership would not take it back?
Still, the 16 miles (if legit) seems awful low.
Could've been the dealership owner himself bought it and changed his mind. Or even preordered it specifically to flip and make a few thousand bucks on those with no patience.

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
It looks like the dash is showing 1770 miles. Probably the dealer's vehicle and they're selling it for whatever reason. I haven't drove one yet, but I imagine the newness wears off pretty fast and just starts to feel like any other SUV that cost way too much for what it is.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Gawd this think is really hard on the eyes.
Not seen one in person, but these typical craigslist-style sleazy dealership ad photos just make the styling faux-pas pop and make me hate this thing so much more.

2661 - 2680 of 2713 Posts