Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any of those stick out as potential problem cars given know history?

Seller wants a fortune for the Hella Edition.....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi Daniel, I'm also looking around for a 90's-ish, NAS-looking D90, so I would like to say thanks...keep 'em coming. I'll do the same. Thx.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The white d90 in Denver shows up every couple of months. I talked to the guy last year. He doesn't seam very motivated to sell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for compiling the list. i'm also in the market for a 97 and the one in minneapolis looked intriguing but the dealer advises it is titled as an 89:cool: - i believe the vin is also not consistent with a 97 although i'm still learning.

if it's too good to be true and all that.....

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
thanks for compiling the list. i'm also in the market for a 97 and the one in minneapolis looked intriguing but the dealer advises it is titled as an 89:cool: - i believe the vin is also not consistent with a 97 although i'm still learning.

if it's too good to be true and all that.....
It is definitely not a 1997. The dealer likely did that to bait you (and others) in. Also, 1997s are (typically) about x2 that price.

·
Premium Member
7,458 Posts
quick look at the rear tail lights and center console/shifter will tell you its not a real 97...part of the reason its still for sale.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks guys, I saw the v8 and automatic and assumed a 97 was not out of the question. I take it then that this was a drivetrain swapped defender?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Yes, it has a swapped transmission and possible engine based on the console and other parts pointed out above. Avoid if you want a "Real" 1997 D90 as this is not a 1997 truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, it has a swapped transmission and possible engine based on the console and other parts pointed out above. Avoid if you want a "Real" 1997 D90 as this is not a 1997 truck.
Thanks Roverguy. I wasn't overly concerned about a 'real' 97, rather the headaches of getting the thing emissions compliant (BAR certified) & registered in CA. Seems the price isn't outrageous if you lived in a state other than CA and wanted a running/driveable project (with a gas v8).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts