Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 91 200tdi 90 from Italy had these round door courtesy switches. I have looked everywhere and can't find any reference to them let alone part numbers.

They have connections for both the purple 12v feed and black ground/earth as opposed to the normal purple only connection and ground through install screw.

Has anyone seen these before and if so, do you have a part number?

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Never seen one. Replace it with a standard door contact switch forma gm . Summit catalog

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I restore quite a few bulkheads with that style switch. Most I would say are from Italy and Greece. I have not found that style replacement switch either. In the picture where I am holding the two style retainers to compare, your style is on the right, normal style on the left. If you purchase the normal style trim retainer such as BTR8696 and BTR8697 than the regular style switch AFU4241 will mount as normal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I restore quite a few bulkheads with that style switch. Most I would say are from Italy and Greece. I have not found that style replacement switch either. In the picture where I am holding the two style retainers to compare, your style is on the right, normal style on the left. If you purchase the normal style trim retainer such as BTR8696 and BTR8697 than the regular style switch AFU4241 will mount as normal.
Thanks, that works for me! Man, that galvanized bulkhead looks awesome. someday....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry to bother you again on this but i can't find these damn parts anywhere. are you still able to order them (BTR8696 and BTR8697)? if so, from where?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts