Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents,

My ‘95 110 sits with a bit of a “California rake” whereby the rear is a bit higher than the front, which I’m not fond of as I don’t carry heavy loads nor do I tow with it. Furthermore, because of the slightly hiked up rear end, it won’t fit in my garage. As far as I can tell, the springs on it aren’t any sort of aftermarket parts but can’t say for certain on that. So what I’m looking to do is just replace all four springs with stock in hopes to correct the ride height to be level front to rear. With that, I’m a bit confused with all of the paint codes on the various spring options and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on part #s or what color codes to get to be assured I’m at stock ride height. Any other suggestions (such as lowered springs?) are also welcome. Thanks a bunch!

p.s. you can kind of see the raised up rear end in this pic

·
Mendicant
8,512 Posts
They’re not level from the factory. I put some stick rubber spacers (from a disco) on mine. It levels it out a bit but wouldn’t fix your garage problem.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Someone else said they sit a bit higher at the rear from standard as well. Only reason I was hoping to garage it is to help avoid the windscreen frosting overnight…at least till I install my heated one..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Springs are available to raise or lower, so problem is solvable. Adding useful weight to the rear will also help. Hang a spare off the back. Looks like there's already seats in back. A receiver hitch?There's also an aux fuel tank that fits in the fuel filler neck space.
Imho, it's well worth garaging a Def.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
14,053 Posts
FWIW the trucks rode & handled the best @ the end of production. We have been using Tdci springs & shocks on the ones we build from ground up. Zack @ Rovers North usually has them in stock.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All noted. Thanks again gents! Only crummy thing is how cheap springs are from the UK vendors but how expensive it is to ship them here. May as well go with RN for this one.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
My NAS 110 sat level and fit inside the garage, but I didn’t like the way the rear of Defender would squat when used at the ranch loaded with feed and tools. Swapped out the rear springs for 110HD, NCR6904 and NCR6389; perfect for loaded rear working at the ranch. With the weight of tools and equipment the defender would still fit in the garage. No longer using the 110 at the ranch so without significant weight in the back the Defender rear was up 3” too high to clear backing out of the garage. Swapped back to NRC6388 and NRC7000 and the 110 sits level and fits into the garage.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My NAS 110 sat level and fit inside the garage, but I didn’t like the way the rear of Defender would squat when used at the ranch loaded with feed and tools. Swapped out the rear springs for 110HD, NCR6904 and NCR6389; perfect for loaded rear working at the ranch. With the weight of tools and equipment the defender would still fit in the garage. No longer using the 110 at the ranch so without significant weight in the back the Defender rear was up 3” too high to clear backing out of the garage. Swapped back to NRC6388 and NRC7000 and the 110 sits level and fits into the garage.
interesting! What year Def?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts