Defender Source Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
We are building out CO’s convention center. Talking to health care workers, we are not incapacity trouble here but I sure do hope it stays that way. It’s hard to guess about our peak. But it has been an unforgiving illness to some so I’m glad. By brother, in NY, knows 4 that have died. 4 men, under 55 in great health. 4 families with kids, that within a week, have no dads. Breaks my heart.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Scored a 28 ounce bottle of hand sanitizer @ my closest Walgreens - higher profile locations were showing loads in more frequently, but nothing @ my more cloistered locale until today. Walmart & Target item inventory pages seem to have become completely incoherent. CVS doesn't even seem to try at all.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Speaking in Tom Hanks' Forrest Gump voice: "And just like that the Coronavirus was over".

So, we're off to race wars and riots now, eh?
Even here in Canada there are pathetic virtue-signalling BLM marches of solidarity. Fun thing here is (based on the video footages and photos) the PoCs are incredibly under-represented (the going ratio seems to be 2 PoCs for each 100 Caucasians), so, they're hi-jacking the First Nations grievances in a struggle to make themselves relevant.
The downside, of course, is that the First Nations issues in Canada have been swept under the rug and only in the recent 10 years or so, they attempted to carefully unravel those in small doses via a Truth and Reconciliation Committee (which was a spectacular failure). Now, the First Nations are also not thrilled about their voices being hi-jacked, thankfully, at least, not yet.
But if we push this debate to the barricades - we will have our very own Civil War very fast. So, I personally am extremely concerned about where the **** we're headed.
Seems like every month we are looking for a new challenge, and even the killer hornets (originally announced as the feature for May) were not enough, so, we kicked it up a notch to a full-fledged class and racial warfare.

How's everyone else doing these days?

Reactions: Tbaumer and Zbiniew

·
Registered
244 Posts
I’ll say this, none of this is new news, historically speaking. We’ve seen it all before. Maybe not us personally but certainly the USA. Have heart, we will get through it and be better for it. Maybe not all the way healed but certainly stronger. I’ll use that to keep things in perspective, and live my life.
That said, still disheartening seeing downtown Charleston burned and looted... but again, nothing new as the city has survived The Revolutionary and Civil war. So we will be fine.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Seems odd that we've never heard what the expected number of deaths for this hard hit batch of categories of elderlies-with-comorbidities + various immunocompromiseds would have been in the absence of the Covid-19 outbreak. It's as if it's a complete non-factor, somehow. Are we talking 90% of the number of patients who passed? Or 10%? If this is really all about data, why wouldn't this have ever been mentioned publicly? I smell hoax.

·
Super Moderator
12,656 Posts
Seems odd that we've never heard what the expected number of deaths for this hard hit batch of categories of elderlies-with-comorbidities + various immunocompromiseds would have been in the absence of the Covid-19 outbreak. It's as if it's a complete non-factor, somehow. Are we talking 90% of the number of patients who passed? Or 10%? If this is really all about data, why wouldn't this have ever been mentioned publicly? I smell hoax.
You can see the excess death amounts fairly easily in the death rate data. Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
One thing is for sure. The lack of social distancing in large crowds of people expelling lots of air from their lungs will most certainly drive up C19 virus infections.
Herd immunity, or thinning of the herd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I’m pretty sure that one of the reasons scientists and doctors are quiet at the moment is because everyone is waiting to see the results of the real-life test. If in 2-4 weeks we see a spike, then the SD theory was justified. Otherwise, we may as well open everything up. Science and theories are nice, but being able to empirically test theories on a large group of test subjects, without a ton of paperwork approvals and any money at all, Is priceless.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts