Defender Source Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If you acted very early, you would not have the highest cases, case rate and soon to be the highest deaths and death rate in the world....
I'm not necessarily buying what you're selling - e.g., China's numbers are complete fiction, right?

·
Super Moderator
12,560 Posts
I doubt they are far off. I have friends working there and reporting back what has been happening. They took the lockdown much more seriously than any western countries and still are.

·
Super Moderator
12,560 Posts
I doubt they are far off. I have friends working there and reporting back what has been happening. They took the lockdown much more seriously than any western countries and still are.
And putting China aside the US is trending worse than every western nation.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
So, Fauci was lying the other day when he said "we acted very early"?
Trying to to keep his job by staying in the good graces of the self-absorbed man-baby in the Oval Office, I imagine. So he can push back when said man-baby says something scientifically erroneous. That's not a statement about the science, so I cut him some slack

·
Registered
159 Posts
Lot of blame to be passed around - IF you are the kind of guy to go blaming, instead of taking charge of your own business.
Just like every other crisis, take care of yourself & stop expecting someone else to do it for you. Afraid of the flue? Get a vaccine. Don't like guns? Don't buy one. Don't want to work? Get on Government assistance. Want to stay alive during a car crash? Wear your seat belt. Immunocompromised? Quarantine yourself. This business of having to be told what to do, by big brother government, is ridiculous. Let Darwin's Law make us a stronger society, instead of designing it around the weakest link. This isn't sports, we're on the same side - it's okay to win with the other team in charge.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I imagine.
Exactly. And the other half of the country "imagines" that Fauci pretty much has him held hostage, in effect. Stand by, tho, there's at least one more Fauci shocker for you to blame on said man-baby's autocratic, worse-than-Hitler management style...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Immunocompromised? Quarantine yourself.
Bingo. That* was the alternative to shutting down the economy & risking the "Greater Depression" scenario. Is cutting off biz revenue & personal income to this extent comparable to cutting off oxygen to a person? - nobody really knows, but we're dam sure gonna find out. In related news, burglaries are up 20% in Houston...

*with a massive gov buy of hotel rooms, etc. to accomodate those pre-emptive quarantines.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
One thing about the Virus is it sure has revealed a lot of experts. I mean y’all got me convinced.

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
There are many truckers who have gone home. Manufacturing has shut down. Boeing not building and has 400 plus built 737s parked up that they may not be able to deliver unless airlines cough up cash that they don’t have. The big three shut down.
its ugly out there. GDP will be negative for first three quarters of this year .

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
In related news, burglaries in the 4 week period that ended 4/3 were up 87% in the precinct that includes downtown Seattle - Governor Inslee, China, & Satan are very pleased that area gunstores are closed per their "nonessential" designation...

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Bingo. That* was the alternative to shutting down the economy & risking the "Greater Depression" scenario.
No, the alternative was 2 million dead and a repeat of 1918. This notion that it only impacts the old and immunocompromised has shown to be categorically false. Something like 40% of those hospitalized are under 65. Someone I know personally had a friend killed by this, and he was 34 and healthy.

No matter the situation, we can usually learn from history. 1918 showed us that social distancing works where it's used, and leads to disastrous life and economic consequences where it isn't (e.g., Philadelphia). Long term economic recovery was better where aggressive measures were used.

Another alternative would have been to do what South Korea did, whose first detected case was the same time as ours. They quickly did extensive testing and tracking. Meanwhile, we spent two months twiddling our thumbs.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
This is an interesting read

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Abe, thanks for that informative link - now that Soros & Co. have put an end to the televised Trump rallies, it's hard to find good info anymore!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts