Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've know Greenspan since his brief time in Virginia several years ago...

Congratulations on your flight yesterday.

Could you see my house? :grin

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Haha. And I'm already insignificant as my buddy JJ just became #1000. First high flight is Tuesday. Getting ready to have the UCD malfunction so I can sit in my own urine filled space suit for 5 hours. At least the view will be nice. I'll take a selfie.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. And I'm already insignificant as my buddy JJ just became #1000. First high flight is Tuesday. Getting ready to have the UCD malfunction so I can sit in my own urine filled space suit for 5 hours. At least the view will be nice. I'll take a selfie.
999 or 1000, both pretty cool gigs!

Do they have to size you for the UCD like an astronaut or can you just pick one up off the shelf? Ha ha

We definitely wanna see a high alt selfie!

------ Follow up post added September 2nd, 2016 01:07 PM ------

Explain, Link , pic something
Yeah, Greenie left his big fat cargo planes for these skinny ones with fancy cameras.
The only thing that flies higher is the Space Station.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Bang, the UCD is cut to size. It's design is basically a latex cylinder with a tapered end(that you cut to size) towards you that has a hole near the base for the air to flow thru then a tube connected at the bottom. You have to increase the airflow in and ensure the outflow is open on that tube. After that it's apparently all about controlling the flow. Too much and you will overflow out the hole and the base with the same result as messing up any other part of the procedure. Then there is always the gamble of some strap pinching off the outflow tube.

You could totally rig one up in a Defender that just drains out the bottom of your truck. Nobody would know it wasn't the truck's leak.

------ Follow up post added September 2nd, 2016 02:16 PM ------

I prefer the batshit crazy astronaut exgirlfriend depends.

-Jeff
That's essentially the female design. What was so funny about that situation I thought was that she still had to stop for gas. But no time to take 45 seconds to use a toilet or squat behind a dumpster.

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
Got to ride in the chase car for a U2 landing in Osan, Korea. Hell of a ride, and wasn't expecting the acceleration. Toured the Blackcats and DGS as well.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Nice! The active duty flight of our FTU just sent a bro that way for school...

Have fun with the yoke- our planes have the same one, minus the pencil holder.

Congrats again dood.

Jay

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Very cool, congrats on a significant distinction.

Don't go getting all Gary Powers on us!
r-
Ray

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I'm not in that pic. My suit isn't finished yet sadly so I actually get to pee in somebody else's.

Thanks again everybody. If you're ever in the area give me an advanced notice and I can do my best to get you in a car depending on the schedule.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
A few shots from today. Guess that city! Missed the shot with the airliner below. Apologies for the really bad camera. I planned on using my Samsung which I'm better at even though it's a phone but couldn't find a stylus so I had to dig up this old canon camera. I think I need my own GoPro.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts