Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a ROW '94 110 with a 2.5 NA petrol (17H) that is burning oil badly. Parts to rebuild are non existent so I am looking for a replacement. I am open to anything but prefer keeping my R380 or at least keep it manual. Unfamiliar with what I would need to change if I went from petrol to diesel.. I welcome advise. I've been scouring the online classifieds for Chevy 250s but havent connected yet(missed one by 2 hours) so I am starting to look at any and all popular options which is why I am now posting a WTB ad. Please let me know if anyone knows of a solid source for either rebuild parts for my 17H or a line on a complete engine. Thanks in advance.

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
2.5NA Diesel parts are readily available - whatever you need is on the shelf here as take off Genuine or most all wear items are available as new or NOS. To convert you need engine from the flywheel forward, ancillaries, radiator, hoses, and a few other bits. Flush fuel tank and change pickup and breather (depending on current fuel pump setup) and bob's your uncle.

Also we have a complete 2.5 petrol available while a parting out portions of a 90 not used in another project.

·
Premium Member
10,704 Posts
I know some guy who is very fond of 6 cylinder Chevy engines will offer his help. It’s a pretty good conversion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you MyBlueTT, i haven't even thought of swapping to a 2.5 diesel. I'd imagine the Diesel wiring harness is different as well?
I know some guy who is very fond of 6 cylinder Chevy engines will offer his help. It’s a pretty good conversion.
Yeah RD and I are already communicating thru DMs. Thank you (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts