Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I got an Estro Vapore (about a $250 machine) for $27 at an estate sale. It works great, I use it a few times a day. My problem is that I don't have a grinder. I find it difficult to get the right grind from most of the local coffee shops (too fine or too coarse). I'm thinking I'd like to get myself a nice burr grinder.

I figure a good quality burr grinder should last a long time, and I will likely upgrade my espresso machine at some point in the future, so I want to get a good one to start with. I am planning on spending between $200 and $350. I've read this but I'm curious what you guys are using. Also, that was last updated in 2009, so some of the links are dead.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I have had a Baratza Virtuouso for about 4 years or so. It does a great job on everything w/ the exception of really dark roasted beans. The oilier beans muck it up. Not sure if their other/newer models resolve this problem.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I have had an Isomac espresso machine and grinder for 13 years of daily use. Its amazing how much milage you can get out of a semi automatic machine. I always recommend a Rancilio Silvia and a Mazzer Mini Grinder. Look on fleabay.

That Zassenhaus grinder sure is a great trail option!

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts