Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there has been a lot of talk about this in the past but i was wondering what peoples thoughts were for just clearing this code vs looking to do problem solving? is there any negative affect to daily driving with this code on 1997? i can clear it and it will remain of for x amount of time and then come back....

:?

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Do you have state inspection? I have had that bastard of MIL light for years now. Clear the code, go for 50 mile drive and then dont turn the truck off when they inspect it.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Owned my truck for three years or so. Code has popped up a few times - cleared it a year ago and it hasn't come back yet. Everything appears normal otherwise.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have state inspection? I have had that bastard of MIL light for years now. Clear the code, go for 50 mile drive and then dont turn the truck off when they inspect it.
yea that's what brought the question up... I did that last year, time to do it again... thanks for the advise. ..

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
i know there has been a lot of talk about this in the past but i was wondering what peoples thoughts were for just clearing this code vs looking to do problem solving? is there any negative affect to daily driving with this code on 1997? i can clear it and it will remain of for x amount of time and then come back.... :?
Be sure you fully understand the downstream affects. I've been using the NAS90's as a dd for about 17 years. I've learned the hard way a few times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts