Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Tithonus truck and trying to adjust the clutch pedal throw, would like it to engage closer to the floor as the engage point is pretty far up when releasing. Took off the master cylinder cover and trying to adjust it. There are nuts on either side of the pedal connection, which way should it be moved? Towards or away from the cylinder? Im thinking that the rod should be made longer, there for moving it away, but when I tried searching it came up with conflicting info and no real answer.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,319 Posts
There is no adjustment for engagement point. The master should be adjusted for the correct free play and pedal height. Download and read the workshop manual. It is clearly explained there. If you add in a bunch of extra freeplay to get a lower engagement point, things end up too lose and something can come apart.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Make sure there's some play in the pedal. ..see work shop manual
Also in 5th gear if you rest your foot on the pedal while at speed and if disengages or slips it's a strong sign of a worn friction plate. I just went though this with my 130

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.