Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried using my cigarette lighter outlet to power a gps unit on a offroad trip and found that the male part was too small (!!!)... Searching the board I now realize that the UK size is slightly larger than NA standard. A few people mentioned using an adapter rather than replacing the original but I can't find any info on where to buy one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'm interested too. I've considered replacing but I like the look of the lighter & have not checked if it will fit in the smaller size.

LR calls them 'cigar lighters' so that may help your search.... didn't help mine though.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Yep, I've experienced this too. I have cup holders in the DI which allows me to wedge the plug into the lighter. I'm going to install a secondary outlet for constant 12v (not ignition required). I already put one in the rear for the refrigerator/cooler. Head to the local junkyard and pull the 2 accessory power outlets from a 96 or later Chevy S10 Blazer. These use the screw-on retainer for ease of installation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts