Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone making for Christmas Dinner?

I'm thinking about doing some homemade Swedish meatballs and cooking some radicchio wrapped in pancetta on the Primo. I will probably do another vegetable on the grill as well. I had originally planned on doing a couple chickens (wrapped in bacon obviously) on the Primo, but I really like the smokey flavor from the charcoal in veggies.

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Christmas dinner! I haven't even finished shopping yet!! hoe about Swanson's frozen turkey slices and canned cranberry sauce!

·
Premium Member
13,637 Posts
Most will probably have to google some of this but the following has been our family Christmas dinner for decades:

huge prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, brusell sprouts with walnuts, some other side dishes, salad, and for desert, figgy pudding with hard sauce

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Smoking a couple of fresh bone in hams that are marinated in Sam Adams :grin

Sides will be baked rosemary garlic potatoes, salad, fresh green beans, homemade rolls, raspberry tarts and key lime pie

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Goose and Bambi. Doug you need to add carrots & parsnips to go with your Yorkshire pud

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Something on the Big Green Egg standing rib roast perhaps. Jeff, I've never used a Treager but they intrigue me and I have heard good things about them.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
We usually do a beef tenderloin, Alton Brown-style with the cumin rub. I'll make some kind of mushroom/wine reduction sauce with whatever nice mushrooms I can find at the store.

Might also do some double stuffed shrimp potatoes. Usually do some braised brussel sprouts or something like that. Adam Carolla cranberry sauce.

For dessert, I like to do a homemade pumpkin pie with brûlée topping, using some sugar pie pumpkins if I can still find any.

Figgy pudding with hard sauce sounds incredible. Maybe I will forgo the pumpkin pie and do that instead.

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
In general, DFACs do a pretty kick ass job of holiday meals. Its not being around family that is the difference. My 09' thanksgiving and xmas dinner was top notch in Baghdad, but the memory of non English speaking Iraqi guests eating honey baked spiral ham is the gift that keeps on giving.

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
Couple Kools and a quart of Night Train

Reactions: JSBriggs

·
Premium Member
4,864 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Did a prime rib on my Treager for Thanksgiving....and doing another one for Xmas. Dam good eating right there.....

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Baja fish tacos… Headed south for the week.
I like your style!

------ Follow up post added December 19th, 2013 11:59 AM ------

Most will probably have to google some of this but the following has been our family Christmas dinner for decades:

huge prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, brusell sprouts with walnuts, some other side dishes, salad, and for desert, figgy pudding with hard sauce
I usually do Brussels sprouts with pine nuts, butter, and garlic. Walnuts sound interesting. How do you prepare them?

·
Premium Member
9,920 Posts
We start with lots of cheeky appetizers, then grilled tenderloin steaks, grilled rack of lamb, baked Smithfield ham on homemade biscuits, fresh salad, roasted red potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, lemon chess pie, various backed fruit pies with ice cream, champagne, and assorted Belgian Triples, with Morgado Tawny Port.

Thankful that the word Turkey is not on the menu list and there is no singing except for old rugby songs outside while the steaks and Lamb are grilling.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts