Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Land Rover Defender 90
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My defender came with some chequer plate and I got a piece for my bonnet used because it had the tire mount so figured that was easier and cheaper then getting a new bonnet. I was going to paint them black Because I am not a big fan of the silver, but thought it may be cool to paint them to match my paint, because I have to get that paint anyhow for a tailgate I’m painting. I was curious if any plate that was painted to match they could share pictures of (googled it and couldn’t find any pictures). My car is a light blue and I think it might look kind of cool, but am not sure. Thx!

·
Registered
6 Posts
that's how it came to me, older respray. bought it for my son(what the hell was I thinking)...but I think if done right it we be good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's how it came to me, older respray. bought it for my son(what the hell was I thinking)...but I think if done right it we be good.
LOL ok cool, yeah i think if prepared properly it should be good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry I couldn't tell you. I had a full "exterior" paint job done some 18 months back. I expressed my concerns about the durability of paint on chequor, but the guy assured me it would not be a problem. Sofar he's been correct, even the tread plate chequer on the rock sliders still looks perfect. I can tell you it was not powder coat.
Anybody out there had theirs anodized?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I couldn't tell you. I had a full "exterior" paint job done some 18 months back. I expressed my concerns about the durability of paint on chequor, but the guy assured me it would not be a problem. Sofar he's been correct, even the tread plate chequer on the rock sliders still looks perfect. I can tell you it was not powder coat.
Anybody out there had theirs anodized?
Oh wait, I thought you said "got flaking and chipping" you meant NO flaking or chipping

·
Registered
1988 ROW 110 From w/ LS3 6L80E
128 Posts
Thought linex or some of the other types of bed liner products can be tinted to color match? If so I would think you could get more durability out of it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thought linex or some of the other types of bed liner products can be tinted to color match? If so I would think you could get more durability out of it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yea I’m not sure, but not a bad idea to look into if it’s an option

1 - 20 of 22 Posts