Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my CEL and Fault display (94 NAS with 14CUX). I bought my truck last year and have had ongoing issues with the CEL coming on. The fault display has never worked. I have gone through much of the wiring and even replaced the warning lamp cluster, replaced the engine warning check light unit behind the dash (AMR 2041), bought a second hand fault display that I was told worked in its last application and tested the wiring from the ECU to the fault display. I have 12 volts at the brown/orange wire to the fault display unit and a good ground at the black/slate wire. No voltage readings at the pink and brown/pink wires but the CEL is on. I have cleared the CEL by unplugging the 14CUX control unit but the CEL comes right back on again when starting the truck the next time so I know something is up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, really stuck with this one. Truck runs well but I would like to figure out what the cause is.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
I have an issue with my CEL and Fault display (94 NAS with 14CUX). I bought my truck last year and have had ongoing issues with the CEL coming on. The fault display has never worked. I have gone through much of the wiring and even replaced the warning lamp cluster, replaced the engine warning check light unit behind the dash (AMR 2041), bought a second hand fault display that I was told worked in its last application and tested the wiring from the ECU to the fault display. I have 12 volts at the brown/orange wire to the fault display unit and a good ground at the black/slate wire. No voltage readings at the pink and brown/pink wires but the CEL is on. I have cleared the CEL by unplugging the 14CUX control unit but the CEL comes right back on again when starting the truck the next time so I know something is up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, really stuck with this one. Truck runs well but I would like to figure out what the cause is.
Google rover gauge.

You know the CEL comes on at startup and then goes out? Does yours stay on?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, great suggestion on the rovergauge software. Is the best source for the interface cable still to build it yourself or are these available from a source now? The developers website readme file says it needs to be built.

Also yes my CEL stays on continuously.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Thanks, great suggestion on the rovergauge software. Is the best source for the interface cable still to build it yourself or are these available from a source now? The developers website readme file says it needs to be built. Also yes my CEL stays on continuously. Thanks.
I have some of the parts to make them. Pm your address and I'll send you the bits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts