Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help me as the Land Rover dealership has been useless during the last few visits and calls. I need to get a CD player for my defender. The salesman told me that some people were taking the freelander single CD dash player and putting it in the defender. The word is that it will fit perfectly with no problems. I thought this was sketchy since freelanders are very new and way more technologically advanced that the defenders were. I have also been qouted by the dealership for the freelander system. They have it for 2800.00. I laughed at him and told him not to even worry about it. If anyone has any info on this whether it will work or somethign else that will i would appreciate it.

Jason Habbal
97 Defender 90 #1104

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Jason, I was in your position a year ago. I have 97 also and just hung around the boards until someone popped up selling one of the CD changers. He gave me a great deal, I think $150 or something, and I ordered the special connector cable on-line for $30, and it screwed/plugged right in. Oh, I also traded him my cubby insert for his which has a cut-out for the CD. I saw another one for sale on here a couple months back as well. Search the for sale listings and just put out the APB and I bet you come up with something.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, Thanks for the info....I am trying to keep my defender all stock except for 6 hellas and a brush guard so hopefully something will come up..

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts