Defender Source Forum banner

81 - 100 of 164 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Looking good on the RRC stuff! Will certainly be looking for a rear seat setup to cover up Izzy's disaster area in Coyote.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I have 3 sets in production now in light khaki with black piping. Can do black, green, dark khaki, etc. with approx. 2 week turnaround.

Just back from shooting better pictures of them installed in a truck and should have them up later.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have 3 sets in production now in light khaki with black piping. Can do black, green, dark khaki, etc. with approx. 2 week turnaround.

Just back from shooting better pictures of them installed in a truck and should have them up later.
Sounds good. I'd be interested in a set of the light khaki and black piping. Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
What's going to be the price for the RRC, front only? Same as Defender? GREAT looking seat covers!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Tony: I would think so, yes. I'd likely want to make just a front set to order so that I don't wind up with a redundant rear set. The good news is that you can specify color and a contrasting cording color. Let me know via PM if you want me to get that going for you.

Mark: we will essentially wrap the canvas around the latch and secure it with a Velcro flap. We use wide upholstery-grade Velcro and it works well for this sort of installation. They will be made in 4 pieces so that the fold down easily.
Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Frank, they do look a little baggy in that picture on that truck. What we think is going on is that the foam side bolsters in that seat may be a little old and the bungee that we use in the top seam of the rear map pocket may be essentially overpowering the foam and drawing the sides of the cover backwards, creating that bagginess. They are tight fitting by design, though we have to strike the balance between them being very tight and still being relatively easy to install and remove. I think you'll be happy with them, and if you're not once you install them, send them back and we'll refund you!

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
Tony: I would think so, yes. I'd likely want to make just a front set to order so that I don't wind up with a redundant rear set. The good news is that you can specify color and a contrasting cording color. Let me know via PM if you want me to get that going for you.

Mark: we will essentially wrap the canvas around the latch and secure it with a Velcro flap. We use wide upholstery-grade Velcro and it works well for this sort of installation. They will be made in 4 pieces so that the fold down easily.
Thanks,
Tony
When I end up ordering mine, I'm going to need an extra 40, as my middle row is 2x 40's and a fridge, with the 60 as a third row. One mod I did in my middle row is to the non-standard 40 on the right side. It now has the locking latch from the 60 mounted with riv nuts to the right side of the seat back, so it latches where the 60 latched. so is there an easy way to accommodate that on one of my 40 seat backs if I give you a template? perhaps a hemmed cutout on the seat back cover?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
When I end up ordering mine, I'm going to need an extra 40, as my middle row is 2x 40's and a fridge, with the 60 as a third row. One mod I did in my middle row is to the non-standard 40 on the right side. It now has the locking latch from the 60 mounted with riv nuts to the right side of the seat back, so it latches where the 60 latched. so is there an easy way to accommodate that on one of my 40 seat backs if I give you a template? perhaps a hemmed cutout on the seat back cover?
Absolutely. If you can send a template and a picture or two it shouldn't be a problem at all.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
PM sent. I thought that I have a pic of the interior, but I can't find it. Weather permitting, I will take a couple of pics tomorrow and post them. It's been raining here for the last 48 hrs.

Thanks!

81 - 100 of 164 Posts