Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry to whoever created it but it looks like a Ad for ECD and the new defender... maybe just remove the new defender and add a truck without the whole fire and ice, two tone, heritage thing. Put Will's mug and a pantina'd old 110 up there

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't know if it's my work computer, but I've got no banner... just a little broken jpeg icon followed by "Defender Source Forum banner". It's quite nice.

·
Premium Member
7,152 Posts
sorry to whoever created it but it looks like a Ad for ECD and the new defender... maybe just remove the new defender and add a truck without the whole fire and ice, two tone, heritage thing. Put Will's mug and a pantina'd old 110 up there

just my 2 cents
Agreed.. Fewer shiny mall crawlers would be a start..

·
Administrator
257 Posts
Hey all,

When submitting or suggesting new user rides images for the new banner please make sure they are your high res images.Please keep the images from a front/side view, closed windows and doors, no drivers or people in the shot.By submitting your photos you agree to have DefenderSource.com have full authority to use the photos in a creative way.

Thanks!
Gerrit

·
Premium Member
7,152 Posts
Hey all,

When submitting or suggesting new user rides images for the new banner please make sure they are your high res images.Please keep the images from a front/side view, closed windows and doors, no drivers or people in the shot.By submitting your photos you agree to have DefenderSource.com have full authority to use the photos in a creative way.

Thanks!
Gerrit
So you guys own the image that is being used as the current banner?

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Honestly, the banner is fine and IMHO probably represents the majority of the owners on this site. That is not a knock on the owner who is in love with the Land Rover brand and lifestyle. Who has invested hard-earned money into what that sees as an automotive legend. It's the reality of how expensive these vehicles are and that most owners are reluctant to do anything that will hurt that investment. I love the old camel trophy images but also remember that the drivers did not own these trucks so cared very little if at all of the damage they did. I would be amazed if 10% of owners actually use their rovers for more than a weekend driver let alone actual work. I like Dale's suggestion of a rotating banner. Maybe a monthly thing showing all aspects of a Rover's life??? Again JMHO
Cheers to all!

·
Premium Member
7,152 Posts
Honestly, the banner is fine and IMHO probably represents the majority of the owners on this site. That is not a knock on the owner who is in love with the Land Rover brand and lifestyle. Who has invested hard-earned money into what that sees as an automotive legend. It's the reality of how expensive these vehicles are and that most owners are reluctant to do anything that will hurt that investment. I love the old camel trophy images but also remember that the drivers did not own these trucks so cared very little if at all of the damage they did. I would be amazed if 10% of owners actually use their rovers for more than a weekend driver let alone actual work. I like Dale's suggestion of a rotating banner. Maybe a monthly thing showing all aspects of a Rover's life??? Again JMHO
Cheers to all!
I have to respectfully disagree.. the banner is 3 special edition puma trucks which most members are not allowed to own and the new defender which no one owns yet so not sure how they reflect the majority of owners? Scroll through the gallery and you will see a much larger cross section of utility, ex mod and NAS vehicles. Dales suggestion works as well.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
The pics are really photos of "unobtanium". I think photos of relevant vehicles would be more representative of membership. If whom ever it is that runs the sight was smart, they would lean towards member suggestions. After all, without happy members, they would just have a blank page. Know your audience....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks!
Gerrit
Is there a required resolution? Can your "Design Team" edit out the people, blur faces, etc.?

·
Administrator
257 Posts
So you guys own the image that is being used as the current banner?
We do own it, was a press photo with permissions to use.

There's a big difference between image ownership and image rights & permissions.
Correct

Is there a required resolution? Can your "Design Team" edit out the people, blur faces, etc.?
The higher the resolution the better and no faces, drivers, overlapping vehicles or items covering any part of the car. Prefer front to 45-degree angles with good lighting and plain background.

Post your images here as we can not just pull random images from other threads or Google and by posting here you give DefenderSource.com permission to use your image.

Note this banner update will most likely not be able to happen until Q1 of 2020 due to backlog and focusing team on priority updates for the site.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
257 Posts
How about something simple, like submit pics from recent Rover events, and have the mods vote/pick/agree?
Change it quarterly??

I like Dale's suggestion of a rotating banner. Maybe a monthly thing showing all aspects of a Rover's life??? Again JMHO
Cheers to all!
Note we will not have the ability to update banners monthly or quarterly at this time.

Jeff M

1 - 20 of 29 Posts