Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything special that I need to look out for when buying a Tithonus (or and ex-MOD)?

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Nothing really special. That more applies to the 24v series, and 101 stuff. I would just do you normal due diligence chassis, bulkhead general mechanical condition.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you're not going to see it in person get pictures, pictures and more pictures! Usually they are in great shape but it's always nice to know about every scratch, ding and missing bits before sealing the deal. Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Are you looking for one here or in the UK? If you want to import one I can help. Just shoot me a PM. I have helped locate and import about 40 of them at this point.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you looking for one here or in the UK? If you want to import one I can help. Just shoot me a PM. I have helped locate and import about 40 of them at this point.
I found one here -- LHD FFR with 3300km

------ Follow up post added September 30th, 2015 06:39 PM ------

I have a s/t and a h/t, and need to sell one or the other. In fact, can deliver it to NY as I have a set of tires/wheels and a 90 roof rack headed that way end of the month...
Hey - do you have pictures / specs on the s/t

·
Registered
240 Posts
I found that there are a couple of half hidden spots on the rear crossmember that can be troublesome. The area where the mud flaps and bumperettes are bolted on can hide rust as can the pintle hitch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am driving down from CT about 3 hours to check it out. In the photos it seems really clean. I just wanna make sure I'm not getting hoodwinked.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey, that's actually my Tithonus. It is clean and you definitely aren't getting hoodwinked. I just took it for a spin and it is still great. I'm only selling it because the wife suggested that I narrow down our Defender collection and I can't stomach the idea of getting rid of the NAS90 just yet. Haha. Feel free to call or text if you have any questions in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
$15,000ish unless it's super clean and you can't live without it. Price wise, they are what they are. You may find a cleaner one on the west coast but you need to fly out to see it then ship it or drive it back. Anything that close in my opinion has a premium attached to it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The local one is a soft top. I'd prefer a hard top. And I meant no disrespect I just figured due diligence on my part. I'll see you tomorrow at 1pm Dustin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts