Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 D90 ST. Just bought a 97. Needed something the family could drive (Meaning: Auto Transmission) and also wanted a hard top). 2 owners, 95K miles, decent service history. Some rust ... we will see.
white one.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice, was it on BAT? I’m in Nashville as well. I have a Row 200tdi 90, maybe we can get a meet up scheduled for all the locals at some point.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. That's the one. Won't have it for a week or so. Like I mentioned, jury is still out.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Congratulations on a second NAS 90!
All our family can drive a stick shift.
Any of them can jump into a RHD or LHD and drive it like a pro.
Any reason to buy another is a good reason, even if you are fixing a lack of training with an automatic transmission.

Reactions: hillstrubl

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
If I was buying another NAS I would get a 97 too. They have some nice updates. OBD2, better instrumentation, etc. I would be tempted to swap in a manual gearbox though.

I hope you're happy with the new truck. Man, I just looked at it on BaT and it's too rusty for my taste. That's how mine was when I bought it and never again... It'll cost like 40 grand to get rid of it all. The one in Oregon that sold for $91.5K last month may have been a better buy if you consider that, but even that one has a little rust, like on the fuel tank cradle. Good grief. Are we looking at $100K+ for totally rust free now?

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't disagree, there is rust for sure. Not sure if I overpaid / underestimated the rust situation but doesn't matter at this point. The PO owned it for 15 years. He did spend money on it along the way so hopefully I'll be OK. Not sure what direction I'm going with it right now but it's 'intended use' is on road / around town. The only thing I'm going to do with it at this point is new stock suspension. I'll post updates along the way.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
...The only thing I'm going to do with it at this point is new stock suspension. I'll post updates along the way.
I think we've ALL said that at one point or another with a new D90 or 110...then shipfitter's disease sets in. Congrats on the new truck. And you can't think twice about what you spent on it, as long as it's worthwhile for you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Someone say Nashville Defender owners? My first 110 should be here in the coming weeks. Love to meet up with y’all!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts