Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I felt bad clogging up LRNAD90's speaker thread with questions so....I have very basic understanding of car stereos.

-I want to use an Ipad as the head unit
-I have four 6.5" speakers in the roll cage sound bar
-two 6x9' at the rear roof area
-sub woofer in the rear
-dash tweeters

PMartini777 suggested a bluetooth amp:

Kenwood KAC-M1824BT

So I'm thinking the controller in the dash back to the amp. I see the amp can power the four 6.5" speakers in the sound bar. Now can I just add two more mini amps, one for the sub and tweeters and one for the two 6x9's? Do the just plug into each other so the controller will work for all?

I usually just listen to Spotify or stored music so I know I'll need a data plan on the Ipad, will I be able to listen to local radio?? Would this sound like crap or good?

I'm just starting to map my wiring on the entire truck from scratch so it would be nice to have this figured out and I see the Kenwood amps are on sale for $240CAD at Bestbuy.

Lot's of input needed, thanks,
Sean

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Hey Sean, no Worries :)

Yes, it has preamp outputs to connect to another Amp to power additional speakers. If you want to add more than one Amp, make sure the additional amps support the same Line Level output configuration to daisy chain the next amp. Or buy another four channel amp, us two channels for the remainng full range speakers, and bridge the other two channels to power the sub..

"Line-Level Outputs: In addition to the line inputs, the KAC-M1824BT has one pair of RCA line outputs. This allows you to feed the input signal to another amplifier, if desired. "

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is one idea

Mines not even close to stock so I have some options. I'm planning in the center console underneath the heater vents. Still have some more leather wrap to do.

Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is where I start to get confused:

Sean

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is where I start to get confused:

Sean
There are a lot of Bluetooth options out there using your phone or tablet. This is another option that also provides Bluetooth calling capabilities with a mic input.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't even thinking about a mic but yeah I'm going to need it. Problem with those is $400usd is $560CAD plus shipping. The Kenwood amps are only $240CAD right now.

Thanks for the info, now I have to figure out a mic as well lol.

Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts