Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four (almost) brand new KM3's for sale in 255/85/16.

There are about 20-25 miles on them maybe and are 4 weeks old. Look and smell brand new.

They simply don't fit well on my truck because of a power steering pump location and my options to fix the issue are not worth the expense.

I am selling these and have bought new tires. I will have them off the truck by tomorrow night.

Located in Columbia, SC.

$800

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, maybe Doug is passing through sometime or someone is going to him? Let me know what ideas you might have.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I wont bother with Doug just yet, he's gotta make it back east with a questionable tow rig at the moment...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome deal!!

What did you replace them with?
I bought Goodyear Wrangler MT/R in 235/85/16.

The 255/85 fit, but my turning radius was compromised because my power steering pump is mounted to the outside frame rail. Front driver side tire rubbed pretty bad during full lock. I fabricated some beefy steering stops, but my turn radius decreased by probably 1/2 turn of the steering wheel.

May not sound like much, but it bothered me enough to go this route instead.

Other option involved Wolf wheels, new wheel studs, drilled hubs, etc........ not worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Zack, I’ll be taking this route 22 Aug.

I’m sure I can find away to stuff them in the LR3 for the ride if needed
That's five 315/85-16's in my lr3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Trust me I know how to pack it but I’m going on a 3 day overland trip starting in PA so I will have other stuff in it :lol:lol

This is 5 33x12.50R18, a DII rear bumper, my clothes, tools and cooler in the back.

LR3 is a workhorse

Attachments

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
If you can make it happen Bill, I will have all the beers for you at Romp! If not, I won't be upset!

------ Follow up post added July 25th, 2019 12:28 AM ------

Edit: now that I look at your drive, you would have to go quite a bit out of the way for Cartersville, so dont worry, but thank you for the offer!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m not really sure where we stand either.

Are you out for good Zack or still do you still want to try and coordinate something?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi All, I didn't mean to steal the set! I saw the August RURR date and was thinking if that fell through, I'd be interested about that time.

Will, if you are eager to move these soon let me see what I can do. My work schedule has me covered up all of August which is why September seemed like a good time.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I now have money wrapped up into two sets of tires and would prefer to recoup some of that with the sale of these. I can store them for somebody, but am not really willing to store them in hopes of closing a deal a couple of months from now.......in other words.....pay me now and pick up later is fine.

Otherwise, they need to stay on the market. If I still have them in other peoples time frame, then perhaps that works for both of us.

Hopefully everyone understands.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts