Defender Source Forum banner

261 - 280 of 289 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
The Jealous Mistress!..sounds like a forthcoming black eye,,may I have another please. Looks delish.

Enjoying a Lawson's Double Sunshine at the moment..

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Who makes a good berry sour but not overly sour?
There are a a bunch of NC sours that are not overly Tart. Im not sure you get anything up there from here. Fonta Flora out of Morganton, NC does a number of them.

The Veil in Richmond does some nice heavily fruited Goses that are not insanely sour. Only avail at the brewery. They release them randomly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Who makes a good berry sour but not overly sour?

Taking into account the subjectivity I would stay away from most Cascade and Bruery Terreux offerings - even as a fan of the style, they strike me as really tart. If you can get your hands on anything from Beachwood Blendery I would recommend starting there, they do a few berry offerings a year and their base lambic is fairly mellow and dry. The two Allagashes that I was referring two above, Coolship Red and Pick Your Own, are delicious and also not overly tart. A little pricey but worth it for sure, IMO. Depending on where you are geographically it may be harder to get Casey or DeGarde, but both of those make fire sours. Rare Barrel is also really, really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Probably one of the best places in upstate NY. Nailed the NEIPA craze! Starting to can, idk when or if they'll distribute. Unified Beerworks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

261 - 280 of 289 Posts