Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I need to replace my battery for Battery requirement for 1988 D-110, Petrol, LHD, ROW, 2.5 L.

Any idea on what I should buy? I was thinking Autozone or some local shop. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Binesh

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use group 34 batteries in my defender, and I want no less than 700Cold Cranking Amps for my starting battery(I use an optima red top for my starting battery), my house battery is a Group 35 Yellow top with 620CCA, usually if you are dual battery you want both batteries to be the same, but im using a 20A DC-DC charge controller to keep the house battery topped up, so its less of a concern. Costco or Autozone should be able to get you a battery for your needs, check the one you have in there, sometimes they are Negative Left, and Sometimes they are Positive Left

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use group 34 batteries in my defender, and I want no less than 700Cold Cranking Amps for my starting battery(I use an optima red top for my starting battery), my house battery is a Group 35 Yellow top with 620CCA, usually if you are dual battery you want both batteries to be the same, but im using a 20A DC-DC charge controller to keep the house battery topped up, so its less of a concern. Costco or Autozone should be able to get you a battery for your needs, check the one you have in there, sometimes they are Negative Left, and Sometimes they are Positive Left
Thank you Seekerbeta!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Got an Autozone battery. Car starts fine now, and runs fine. Thank you again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts