Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Ive done tons of research. feedback is about 50/50.

Your thoughts?

I'm planning on off-roading a few times per year on medium duty trails. I have been stuck in the past. Usually in deep mud.

The truck will be parked in the garage.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ray. Yeah I looked at that one too. But my budget would only allow for a 9500 rather than a badland 1200. With proper strapping with pulleys etc I'm sure that would be fine.

This one?

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Thanks Ray. Yeah I looked at that one too. But my budget would only allow for a 9500 rather than a badland 1200. With proper strapping with pulleys etc I'm sure that would be fine. This one?
9500 is probably 1500 more than you really need for a 90 if that's what you are throwing it on-a good 8k winch would get it done. That said you can, and should, always be prepared to run the snatch block back, esp if you get bogged into deep mud.

That link, absent synthetic vice steel, is what I put on my LR3 to see how it will do-I can't speak on it yet but am happy with the quality out of the box and John's pulling apart of the winches was fairly illustrative to me.
R-
Ray

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.