Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to pull the trigger for a new soft top on 94 but unable to contact Badger. Couple calls last week, always leaving message, couple more first of this week. Their web page contact and my droid phone continue to be at odds. Any ideas if they are out on hiatus, some great foreign rally, or well deserved holiday? I'm hopeing they are not really that "backed up."

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,535 Posts
I reached Badger (Chris) last week by phone. Problem right now has been the brutal temps up here so he's been in the shop really early pumping our tops and having to stop early. He just ordered up AC for his workshop. Which as I told him will arrive after the temperatures drop.....
Email works great. As does sending him a PM on FB.

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
, "they" is one guy, Chris Laws. He sews all day and yes he lets it ring rather than stopping in the middle of a seam. Badger is one man and he's an artisan. I think its important that people understand that.
He has a waiting list/ backlog of tops etc he needs to make @ any given time. By getting on that list customers are acknowledging that Badger products is the absolute best available for their truck they
Are willing to wait.
There are other options for the owner who didn't plan ahead and needs a top now

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
The A/C unit (25,000 btu and 220) appears to be arriving this Saturday and it is suppose to be wicked hot! The next step is lifting it upstairs with a forklift as they say it weighs 140 lbs. Once it is in then it will take a few days to cool the shop. So looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
9,270 Posts
Hating on the tablet and its deletions and substitutions of words.
Nawh, but if "we" did:

It has been sipped many times, but beers repeating -- a Badger brew is well worth both the money, and the wait time!
I don't think the guy needs a haircut for not knowing Badger has a waitlist. I certainly didn't know before my first drink.
I appreciate the clarification, the glass is crystal clear. thank you.
Do you still have a Bottle-O tickford?
Seems most of the country is being hit with this heat wave.
We are traveling cross country all weekend- may adjust the plan to drinking only @ night.

·
Registered
389 Posts
, "they" is one guy, Chris Laws. He sews all day and yes he lets it ring rather than stopping in the middle of a seam. Badger is one man and he's an artisan. I think its important that people understand that.
He has a waiting list/ backlog of tops etc he needs to make @ any given time. By getting on that list customers are acknowledging that Badger products is the absolute best available for their truck they
Are willing to wait.
There are other options for the owner who didn't plan ahead and needs a top now
Never quite understood the businesses that don't bend the "supply" to the "demand"

While I have heard, and am confident that Chris is an artist, I am sure he could train and apprentice and have people do some of the less technical work.

That would allow him to accept more orders, sell more tops, and probably be way less stressed....

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Never quite understood the businesses that don't bend the "supply" to the "demand"

While I have heard, and am confident that Chris is an artist, I am sure he could train and apprentice and have people do some of the less technical work.

That would allow him to accept more orders, sell more tops, and probably be way less stressed....
Never mind

·
Premium Member
10,535 Posts

I've known Chris for over twenty years.

He's hired people and it hasn't worked out. What he does is specialized and he has very high standards.

Others have tried to copy his product. But nobody can match the quality.

·
Premium Member
7,152 Posts

, I am sure he could train and apprentice and have people do some of the less technical work.

you are sure of this based on what experience? Chris will be thrilled to learn you've solved all his problems in one post.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts