Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Badger II GK top on the 90 and when it rains water pours in the truck above the door top. It appears to be between the doors seals and the door tops. Any ideas on how to fit this better? I haven't replaced the door seals but I have taken them off and re-fit them. No change. The door top appears to be snug against the seal.

And I don't have a great seal between the sides and the door tops. Should I be tucking the top under the GK track there or is it supposed to sit over it?

Now that Boulder is turning into the Pacific NW I need to stop the water ingress.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
mine does too but i have wagon doors on as well.
the drivers side gets soaked. the passenger side is dry as a bone.

i think i need to take the top off, cheat it towards the drivers side, then tighten it all back down and let the passenger side get soaked. =)

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
Also make sure you have the top actually tucked into the top section of the "gutter" and then velcro'd securely through the gutter kit up through the footman arms...oh and even on both the driver and passenger sides.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
My bet is top curve of the windshield under the header bar, pull the header bar and get a coil of dumb dumb. It is sold in a coiled rope, used to seal gaps I would put a bunch there and then reinstall the header bar. I do this on every Headerbar assembly, and really helps to seal the upper portion and keep you dry. Same thing with Wagons and the hardtop curve!!!

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
my water is coming in on the "inside" of the top of the door.
like the gutter kit is too far "in" towards the center of the truck. i have tried and tried to adjust it..... now i drive with a towel on my leg. =(

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
my water is coming in on the "inside" of the top of the door. like the gutter kit is too far "in" towards the center of the truck. i have tried and tried to adjust it..... now i drive with a towel on my leg. =(
try putting some dumb dumb in the top corner of the door seal, I have had to do that as well.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Ironic timing. I am currently having a gutter kit Badger II top repaired. The shop working on it asked about a bracket that holds the vertical side of the top up against the gutter kit in place. I reached out to Brewie212 about this seconds ago, as I purchased my GK from him. Anyway, for the life of me I cannot remember if the top had a part inside it that buts up against the gutter kit.

Disregard. Brewie212 just set me up.

RickM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts