Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an backup camera option to remedy a common blind spot problem in my RHD Tithonus 110 hard-top. It'd be great to get a 90/180 degree view off the rear left. Interested to hear what you use for the latest in camera and monitor. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
The Garmin Nuvi 500 (basically a trucker grade GPS) can be used as a monitor. There's a thread about it here somewhere...

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Drivelux and Hyndsight

Thanks guys, Ya i'd also be interested to know more on the Drivelux first hand as well as the hyndsight (which i see can be hard wired). Since my Tithonus doesn't have a reverse light I did have a reverse switch installed in the LT77 trany while it was in the UK in case i want a backup light,,so that may work for the Drivelux.

I'm really more interested in stand alone backup/rearview camera than the GPS and Navi etc..but that could be a welcome addition. The hardtop can be stressful backing up as well as those angled right hand turns and rotarys so this is first on my priority list.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I really like the Garmin DriveLux. It works really well as a nav unit. I've taken it on many family trips where we would rent a car and it was indispensable. It is portable but on long trips and for the backup camera to work, the unit needs to be plugged into a 12V socket up front. The backup camera works as expected with guide lines and being wireless is a bonus.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the followup Lincoln (nice 110 you have btw), the portable aspect is a plus, didn't think about that. I found i can hardwire this unit either directly to the reverse switch or direct positive so i believe i have the option to keep the camera on all the time if i wish, or at least switch to it on the fly when needed. The camera itself is small and discrete and can have up to 4 too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bump ---

Does anyone have any experience with FenSens or Pearl Auto? Have seen a bunch of negative reviews about Pearl.

Would anyone recommend another product? I'd like to have the backup camera broadcast to my iPhone. I have a 1994 d90 NAS.

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pearl has been discontinued or they shut down. I have a new FenSens license frame with camera sitting in a box at home but have not installed it yet so I can’t comment on how I like it or not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts