Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, doing some spring cleaning. I have used most of these tanks on my 110's while I was driving in the outback.

I am providing minimum capacity's as I don't remember the exact capacities just the f$$King cost of petrol which was a fair bit. Then again, these did save my a** when the fuel tanker never made to the stations or plain when there were not any!

They are all in excellent condition. Made of 14 Guage steel. They do not leak. What you see is the Pilbara sand/dust which I have yet to clean. Seeing if there is any genuine interest.

(A) 55L(or 72L)~ 14.5 US gallons. Made by BROWN-DAVIS. Goes along right side of 110 between outriggers. $800

(B) 55L(or 72L)~ 14.5 US gallons (might be a bit more). Made by LONG RANGER. Goes along right side of 110 between outriggers. $800

(C) 50L ~ 12 US Gallons. Made by LAND ROVER. Goes under driver side seatbox. Comes with skid plate. $250

Pickup in Baltimore or (Shipped to your local Fastenal shop for $75)

PS: Send a PM if you want to purchase.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Is C filled by lifting the seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.

I'll take C if it fits a 5 door station wagon, although it looks like a 2 door tank.
Can't tell specifically by the picture.

Am interested in the others, but can't determine if they will work for me based on the information you provided.
Is A filled from inside?
Do you have to cut the body in any way to install them?
What body style 110 do they fit?
Providing more info will go a long way to helping potential buyers...

Found this site for A, but which part number are you selling?
https://www.browndavis.com.au/products.php?make=LAND+ROVER&model=DEFENDER&series=110
Site is almost no help at all and lacks pictures.

Here's something on the Long Ranger, but again your description and pictures are so lacking, you can't determine what it is you're selling.
http://thelongranger.com.au/landrover/defender/1992-current/

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I would have linked pictures from either site. However, these tanks were custom ordered.

All tanks were fitted to 5 door 110's.

Tanks A & B sit neatly between the chassis outriggers. No modification is required.

Tank A is filled via a hole made in the Driver (RHD) floor that would give you access to the gas cap. Of course, one can go the traditional route and create an alternative fuel cap recess elsewhere and plumb accordingly; this was used for Tank B.

Rob, if your after Tank C, PM me and we can sort out the logistics of getting it to you,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts